This Burnt Almond Fudge Ice Cream is creamy, rich and chocolatey. And as a bonus, it’s super easy to make!
Summer is in full swing at our house. Our neglected yard is getting some much needed help now that I have four boys home. The phone is ringing off the wall with friends calling to see if said boys can play. The AC is crankin’. The freezer is stocked with popsicles. And we are using every excuse we can find to make homemade ice cream.
I am completely smitten with homemade ice cream and if calories weren’t an issue, I would eat it every single day. Even in the dead of winter. But of course it is absolutely perfect for summertime.
I am always looking for new ice cream recipes to try, as well as changing up some of my favorites by adding different ingredients. I love a good custard based ice cream like my Rocky Road Ice Cream, but sometimes I want something easier.
While perusing my cookbooks, I found a recipe for vanilla ice cream that called for sweetened condensed milk. That stuff makes anything yummy, so I decided to give it a try. I was in the mood for chocolate ice cream, so I added cocoa and toasted almonds and hoped it would work out.
Oh my gosh. Did it ever! For how quick it was to make, I was surprised at how rich and creamy this ice cream turned out. So yummy! I can’t wait to experiment with different flavors. Somebody’s got to. 🙂
- Raspberry Ice Cream
- Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream
- Oreo Ice Cream
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Butterfinger Ice Cream
- Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Blueberry Ice Cream
- Chocolate Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
BURNT ALMOND FUDGE ICE CREAM RECIPE
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and cocoa in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium low heat till thick and creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Stir in cream, milk, and vanilla. Chill for 6-8 hours or till very cold.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Add almonds during last few minutes of freezing time.
- Pour into an airtight container and freeze for about 2 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 10g
original photo- photos updated 8-2015