Chicken Fried Rice . . . this easy dinner recipe is colorful, healthy, and delicious. You can adapt it to your family’s taste!
This recipe came about one night because I had some leftover rice. We love ham fried rice, but alas, we had no ham. So I tried chicken and threw in a few other ingredients. Chicken Fried Rice was born.
We all loved it, so I have made it several times since then. I usually just throw all the ingredients in the electric skillet, so I had to measure everything this time so I could post something that actually made sense.
You can adapt any of the vegetables to suit your own taste (or to use what you have in your refrigerator.) It is a great dinner that can prepared in just minutes, and the leftovers are fabulous.
More easy chicken recipes:
- Creamy Chicken Pasta with Ranch and Bacon
- Easy Cashew Chicken
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Chicken ala King
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Chicken Fajita Skillet
- Chicken Flautas
- Monterey Chicken
- Mayonnaise Chicken
- Chili’s Knockoff Monterey Chicken
Chicken Fried Rice
- 4 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 6 cups cooked rice
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the bacon in a large electric skillet over medium low heat. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Salt and pepper chicken. Brown in the electric skillet with 1-2 Tbsp of the bacon oil over medium hot heat. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Saute celery, onion, and carrots over medium heat till crisp tender. (I sometimes add a small amount of water to the pan to speed the process along.)
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the frozen peas and corn; heat through.
- Turn heat down to low and stir in butter, rice, bacon and cooked chicken. Mix all together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g