These Chocolate Drizzle Christmas Cookie Sticks are pretty and festive, and they are so easy to make!
I’ve posted dozens of cookie recipes, but this is the very first time I have ever made any type of cookie sticks. My goodness, I have sure been missing out. I couldn’t believe how easy these were to prepare, and how fabulous they taste!
They start with a simple chocolate chip cookie dough. But the magic happens when you roll them out and cut them into little strips. I used a dough scraper, and it worked perfectly.
After they are cut, just place them on cookie sheets. I always line mine with silicone pan liners because it makes clean up so much easier.
Tips for making cookie sticks:
-Some people have said the dough is too dry. You MUST use butter that is almost melted, or your dough will be too stiff.
-You can use less flour if you prefer, but then the cookie sticks spread more and don’t look as pretty.
-Mini chocolate chips work best for this recipe. If all you have is regular chocolate chips, I recommend chopping them up.
These little guys are pretty tasty straight outta the oven. They are even prettier and tastier drizzled with a little chocolate. But add two layers of drizzled chocolate and some sprinkles, and they are downright fabulous!
These chocolate drizzled cookie sticks would look so pretty on a Christmas cookie tray. They are just so festive. And of course with chocolate chips and two kinds of drizzle, they are absolutely delicious!
And of course, they are the perfect shape for dunking. For an extra special treat, you can dip them into hot cocoa. So yummy!
More wonderful Christmas Cookie recipes:
- Caramel Filled Bon Bons
- Oreo Peppermint Cookies
- Raspberry Ribbon Cookies
- Soft Gingersnaps
- White Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Italian Christmas Cookies
- Andes Mint Cookies
- Gumdrop Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Pistachio Sugar Cookie Bars
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Chocolate Drizzled Christmas Cookie Sticks
- 1 cup butter, very soft (almost melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (or use more vanilla)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dark or milk chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat in egg, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and chocolate chips. Cover dough and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to a rectangle shape that is about 1/4" thick. Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into strips that are about 1" by 4".
- Place strips on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake at 375° for about 8-10 minutes or till lightly browned on the bottom edges. Let sit on pans for a couple minutes, then remove to cooling racks.
- Cool cookies completely. Melt each of the chips in a ziplock bag in the microwave at half power. Snip the corner and drizzle over the tops of the cookies. Add sprinkles.
-Your butter must be almost melted, or the dough will be too stiff. You must also make sure to use a large egg, and don't emit the extracts. You can use only 2 3/4 cups of flour for a softer dough, but the cookie sticks will not hold their shape as well.
-It works best to drizzle a few cookies at a time so that you can add the sprinkles before the chocolate sets up.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
I originally posted this recipe for Cookie Sticks at Tatertots and Jello.
For all my cookie recipes, click HERE.