Ham Broccoli Braid . . . loaded with ham, cheese, and veggies, this is a perfect recipe for using up leftover ham!
How many of you served ham for Easter dinner yesterday? If you’re wondering what to do with all that leftover ham, I have the perfect recipe for you– Ham Broccoli Braid! This recipe actually came out of desperation. A few weeks ago I discovered that I had swiss cheese, red peppers, and broccoli that needed to be used up.
I came across a recipe for a chicken broccoli braid, but it called for some ingredients that I didn’t have. Plus I was in a hurry and didn’t want to bother with cooking chicken. So I came up with my own recipe and just hoped that my kids would eat it without too much complaint.
I was seriously surprised to discover that not only did they eat it, they LOVED it! It was so darn yummy! The unanimous vote was that this ham broccoli braid should enter the regular recipe rotation at our house. Check out the cheesy goodness:
Ham Broccoli Braid
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups flour (or enough to make a soft dough)
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups chopped ham
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- Dough: Mix 1st three ingredients and let sit 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and knead a few times just till smooth.
- Place in a greased bowl and set aside while you prepare the filling.
- Roll or pat dough out on a large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan that has been greased.
- Combine the mayonnaise and mustard and spread evenly over the dough.
- Cut 1 inch strips along both of the long sides of the rectangle, leaving a 3-4" strip down the middle.
- Combine the remaining filling ingredients, then place on the center strip of dough. Fold the 1" strips over the filling, alternating from side to side. It's fine if some of the filling is showing.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, or till golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 731mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g
Love this ham broccoli braid? Here are a few more tasty recipes using ham: