Healthy Pumpkin Muffins – these muffins are so delicious, your family will never guess that they are actually packed with nutrition!
It’s that time of year again. Time for all things pumpkin! Some people might get sick of it, but I love pumpkin season. I love starting the day off with a yummy pumpkin muffin. Not only are they tasty, they make the house smell great for the rest of the day!
I found the recipe for these muffins scrawled on a piece of notebook paper in my miscellaneous recipe box. I can’t remember where I got it, but I’m glad I discovered it, because these muffins are so yummy!
Here are a few more of my favorite pumpkin breakfast recipes:
Recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (freshly ground is best)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (or greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix pumpkin, yogurt, honey, butter, egg, vanilla, and carrots together in a small mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir till just moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g