Your family will never guess that this easy Keto Alfredo Sauce is low in carbs. It’s rich and creamy and has incredible flavor! It only takes 5 ingredients and a few minutes to make, and it tastes amazing over veggies, meat, and pasta.
After just one bite of this low carb alfredo sauce, you will never want to go back to canned sauce again!
One of my family’s favorite last minute dinners has always been fettuccine alfredo. My original alfredo sauce calls for flour, so it isn’t an option for me when I’m on the keto diet.
Fortunately, it was very easy to adapt into a low carb dinner recipe. Replacing the milk with cream means there is no need for flour as a thickener. This gluten free alfredo sauce is velvety smooth all on its own!
Is alfredo sauce keto friendly?
Most alfredo sauce is keto friendly, but you have to read labels and check ingredients. Canned alfredo sauce almost always has fillers and thickeners, so the carbs can add up quickly.
Fortunately, this recipe is made with no added flour, starch, or other thickeners, so it is just 3 carbs per serving.
HOW TO MAKE KETO FRIENDLY ALFREDO SAUCE
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat. I use salted butter, but unsalted works fine.
- Add the cream and seasonings, continue cooking and whisking till hot, but not boiling.
- Add the parmesan and continue cooking and stirring till cheese is completely melted and sauce is smooth.
- Serve immediately over zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, vegetables, meat, or any pasta that you desire!
- This is also really tasty with some garlic. Add a clove of minced garlic (or some garlic powder) with the butter.
- For a warm, earthy flavor, add up to 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- If you like your alfredo with some tang, add 2 ounces of softened cream cheese with the butter.
- Adding some Italian seasoning also adds a tasty flavor. You can use fresh or dry herbs.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER PASTA SAUCE
Let the alfredo cool completely, then pour it into an airtight container. I like to use mason jars, because it is so easy to pour out the sauce when you are ready to use it. You can keep the alfredo in the fridge for up to 4 or 5 days.
I don’t like to freeze any sauce with cream or milk, because it tends to separate when it thaws. But if you must, you can freeze it for up to two months.
If it seperates when it thaws, whisk it vigorously. If that doesn’t work, you can use an immersion blender (or regular blender), to get it smooth again.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH THIS KETO SAUCE?
My family loves theirs over fettuccine or angel hair pasta. They also love using it as a dipping sauce for breadsticks.
Because I’m doing keto, I opt for veggies or meat. I’ve had it over zoodles, sauteed zucchini and yellow squash, steamed broccoli, and grilled chicken. It’s so versatile!
TRY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Ranch Dip
- Keto Chicken and Broccoli
- Chicken Paprika Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
★ FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR MORE TASTY RECIPES.
KETO ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 6 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium low heat.
- Whisk in the heavy cream, salt, and black pepper. Continue whisking over medium low heat till heated through.
- Add grated parmesan cheese and stir till melted.
- Serve immediately over zoodles, meat, pasta, or anything you want!
Each serving is about 5 tablespoons, or just under 1/3 cup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g