These rich and creamy chocolate peanut butter fat bombs are an incredibly delicious high fat, low carb snack. They are a perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth and curb hunger. So easy to make, and a must have on a keto diet!
If you are on a low carb diet but love chocolate and peanut butter, you have got to try these easy fat bombs! They only have 5 ingredients, whip up in minutes, and just melt in your mouth. You will love having them in the fridge for quick on the go snacks!
One of my favorite flavor combinations is chocolate and peanut butter. Apparently millions of people share my affinity, because Reese’s peanut butter cups are the most popular Halloween candy in America!
Obviously when I started the keto diet, I had to give up peanut butter cups. Then my good friend told me about fat bombs. I found recipes for lemon fat bombs, strawberry fat bombs, mint fat bombs, and many more.
They all looked tasty, but with my love affair with peanut butter and chocolate, of course I had to make that flavor first. I adapted this recipe for nut butter cacao bombs from Sugar Free Londoner to suit my taste.
It took a few tries, but I finally found a combination of ingredients that I think tastes amazing. I love them so much that I may never need to make another fat bomb recipe. Is is possible to get tired of peanut butter and chocolate? Maybe not for me. haha
What is a keto fat bomb?
Before I started the keto diet, I had never heard of a fat bomb. Basically they are small snack morsels (think energy bite sized) that are high in fat and low in carbs. They can be sweet or savory.
Usually they are made with nut butters and coconut oil, but the possibilities are endless. Because they are high in healthy fats that are digested much slower than carbohydrates, they are wonderful for staving off hunger while dieting.
How many fat bombs can you eat per day?
That totally depends on what other foods you have eaten, and what your specific calorie/macro count is. Fat bombs are a great way to get enough daily fat on the keto, but they shouldn’t be used as a replacement for healthy meals full of low carb vegetables, fats, and protein.
These keto peanut butter chocolate fat bombs are small, but I still rarely need more than one per day. You may need more to either add the recommended amount of fat, or to satisfy your sweet tooth.
I find it extremely helpful to carefully track all of the food I eat. I use Cronometer, because I love that it lets you enter your specific macro goals and add your own recipes. I can easily see if I need more fat, and when I do, it is so handy having these easy fat bombs in the fridge!
Can fat bombs take you out of ketosis?
No, these chocolate peanut butter fat bombs should not take you out of ketosis. Made as directed, each fat bomb has only 1 gram of carbs, 1 gram of protein, and 8 grams of fat.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE FAT BOMBS
- coconut oil – Adds healthy fat and makes your fat bombs just melt in your mouth!
- heavy cream – Improves the texture and makes them extra creamy.
- unsweetened cocoa powder – I have used both Hershey’s cocoa powder, and roasted cacao powder.
- low carb peanut butter – Make sure you use a peanut butter with no added sugar. The only ingredients should be peanuts and salt. I like Trader Joe’s the best, but since it’s spendy I also use Kirkland’s organic peanut butter.
- powdered Swerve – I have also tried this recipe with monkfruit and liquid stevia. I definitely like them best with the Swerve!
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over very low heat. (You can use the microwave if you prefer.)
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients till the mixture is very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into 12 silicone molds, greased mini muffin pans, or silicone muffin liners. Use 1 tablespoon for each fat bomb.
- Chill the fat bombs in the fridge for about an hour, or in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or until cold.
- Pop the fat bombs out of the molds and place in an airtight container. (I just use ziplock bags.) Store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
NOTE: You can store them in the freezer instead, and they will last for several weeks. I think they are plenty cold and refreshing just stored in the refrigerator. No bake chocolate peanut butter fat bombs melt quickly at room temperature, so you do need to keep them chilled.
MORE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Keto Ranch Dressing
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
- Sesame Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Sirloin Tip Roast
- Keto Salmon Recipe
- Lime Butter Chicken
- Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
KETO CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FAT BOMBS
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter (make sure it has no added sugar)
- 4 tsp powdered Swerve
- Melt coconut oil over very low heat in a saucepan.
- Add cream, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and Swerve. Whisk till smooth.
- Pour mixture by tablespoonfuls into silicone molds, silicone cupcake liners, or mini muffin tins.
- Freeze fat bombs for about 30 minutes, or until set. (Or chill for about an hour.)
- Remove from molds and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g