Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse is light, fluffy, and simply decadent. It only takes five minutes to whip up, and it is so tasty that you are going to want to make it all the time!
I love chocolate and peanut butter together, so when I started keto I had to find a way to incorporate it into my diet. This mousse is seriously so yummy that it feel like I’m cheating. But it only has 4 net carbs!
WHY THIS IS THE BEST LOW CARB CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER DESSERT!
- It calls for simple ingredients that you probably always have on hand.
- You can make a batch up in about 5 minutes.
- It stores really well in the fridge. I often make a batch and have one serving a day for a week. It’s just as good on the 6th day as it is on the first!
- And the best part – it tastes AMAZING!!
What is the best sugar alternative sweetener to use?
I have tried this low carb mousse with granulated monkfruit, liquid stevia, and powdered Swerve. My favorite is definitely the powdered Swerve. Not only does it have the best flavor, it also had the best texture!
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE
- heavy cream – This makes the mousse smooth and creamy. I tried variations with cream cheese, but I thought the tang detracted from the chocolate peanut butter flavor.
- vanilla extract – Just use your favorite brand.
- unsweetened cocoa powder – I have made this both with regular Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa, and roasted cacao powder.
- powdered Swerve – Feel free to substitute your favorite low carb sweetener, but I got the best results with this one.
- natural peanut butter – Trader Joe’s natural peanut butter is my favorite, but I usually use Kirkland’s natural peanut butter because it’s more economical. Just make sure the peanut butter you use has only two ingredients – peanuts and salt, no added sugar or palm oils.
- Place your cream and vanilla in a glass or metal bowl. Beat with a hand mixer till soft peaks form.
- Add the cocoa powder, Swerve, and peanut butter.
- Beat till smooth, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon or pipe into serving dishes. Serve immediately or chill.
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING LOW CARB MOUSSE:
- Place your bowl and beaters in the freezer for 5 minutes before whipping your cream. It will whip up faster and fluffier!
- If your cocoa powder is lumpy, sift it into the whipped cream for best consistency.
- For beautiful presentation, place a decorator tip in the corner of a gallon ziplock bag. Scoop in your mousse and pipe it into your bowls.
- If you serve this mousse in mini mason jars, you can just pop the lids on for perfect storage in the refrigerator.
- For even more peanut butter flavor, drizzle the top of the mousse with peanut butter.
- Top with whipped cream sweetened with powdered swerve.
- Add some chopped peanuts or sugar free chocolate chips for a bit of crunch.
- Peanut allergies? Substitute almond butter or another nut butter of your choice.
MORE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
- Keto Ranch Dressing
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Salmon with Cream Sauce
- Ranch Dip for Veggies
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Taco Ground Beef and Cabbage
- Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
KETO PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
This rich and creamy chocolate peanut butter mousse is the perfect low carb treat to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 Tbsp powdered Swerve
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter (no added sugar)
- Beat cream and vanilla in a glass or metal bowl till soft peaks form.
- Add cocoa powder, Swerve, and peanut butter; beat till smooth and well combined.
- Pipe or spoon into mini mason jars or bowls. Serve immediately or cover and chill.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
This is super delicious mousse! Thank you for the recipe!
So glad you enjoyed it Amanda!
This is the easiest most delicious mousse ever!
Thank you for the recipe.
You are so welcome, glad you love it! It really is hard to resist! 🙂
I’ve been making more keto desserts lately, and this one is so good! The mousse texture is perfect. Thank you for sharing!
So glad you enjoyed it Cyd! It’s definitely one of my favorites. 🙂