AMAZING Keto Ranch Dressing – I am very picky about my ranch dressing, and it took me several tries to come up with this low carb version. Some were too thick, some were too sour, some didn’t have enough flavor. This one is perfect!
Even though I am the only one in my family on a low carb diet, everyone eats this dressing. It is just as good as my regular homemade ranch, maybe even better!
When you first start a keto diet, you probably wondered “Is ranch dressing keto friendly?” I know I sure did. Unfortunately, most bottled ranch dressings have added sugars, which adds to the carb count.
Of the six brands I checked, the carbs in ranch dressing ranged from 2-6 carbs per two tablespoon serving. So you need to read labels carefully. Thankfully, this keto dressing only has 1 carb per serving. And it tastes better than any bottled dressing out there!
WHY YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR OWN LOW CARB DRESSING
- You can control the ingredients! Like more or less of an herb? You can easily change the amounts of any of the seasonings.
- It is made with both cream and sour cream, so it is rich, creamy, and tastes so fresh!
- You can use homemade mayonnaise or a high quality store bought mayo. I like to use avocado oil mayonnaise.
- It whips up in about 5 minutes. Yes, that’s all it takes.
- You most likely have all of the dried herbs and seasonings in your pantry. Dried herbs also make it last longer in the fridge than fresh herbs.
- The flavor! Seriously, if you have never had homemade ranch before, it is going to be life changing. So good!
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB RANCH DRESSING
- heavy cream – While regular homemade ranch is made with lowfat buttermilk, using cream is a great way to add needed fat to your keto diet.
- mayonnaise – You can use your favorite brand, or make it homemade.
- sour cream – Adds the tangy flavor that we all love in ranch dressing, and also adds fat.
- water – A bit of water makes the dressing pourable. You can substitute almond milk if you’d like.
- dried parsley flakes – You just can’t have ranch dressing without those pretty green flecks!
- salt – I like to use Redmond real salt or Himalayan salt.
- black pepper – Freshly ground gives the best flavor, but any black pepper will do.
- garlic powder – You can use more or less depending on your taste. Granulated garlic also works.
- onion powder – I have also used granulated onion and dried minced onion.
It doesn’t get much easier than this low carb salad dressing. All you need to do is whisk together all the ingredients, then chill for 30 minutes!
PRO TIP: Instead of trying to measure the mayonnaise in a measuring cup, I put the one cup of cream in a 2 cup liquid measuring cup, then simply spoon in the mayonnaise until it reaches the 1 3/4 cup line.
So much easier! Just make sure that no mayo is floating above the cream, you need to push it down to get an accurate measurement.
HOW LONG WILL THIS KETO FRIENDLY SALAD DRESSING LAST?
I have stored mine in the fridge for up to two weeks and it is just fine. Honestly, I think it would keep even longer than that, we just go through it like crazy! Remember that if you do use fresh herbs, it won’t keep as long.
KETO RANCH DRESSING VARIATIONS:
- If you like a tangier ranch dressing, you can substitute one of the tablespoons of water for lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, or even pickle juice.
- This dressing is also very tasty with 1/2 teaspoon or more of dry dill added.
This keto friendly ranch dressing so flavorful and creamy, you are going to want to put it on more than just your salads! We love dunking veggies in it, but you can also drizzle it over chicken, spread it on a hamburger patty, or even use it on your keto pizza.
MORE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Salmon with Cream Sauce
- Taco Ground Beef and Cabbage
- Slow Cooker Sirloin Tip Roast
- Lime Butter Chicken
- Best Grilled Pork Chops
- Pork Chops with Onions
- Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Sesame Green Beans
KETO RANCH DRESSING RECIPE
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Measure the one cup of cream in a 2 cup liquid measuring cup. Add the mayonnaise, pushing it below the cream until the liquid reaches 1 3/4 cup.
- Add the sour cream, water, and seasonings. Whisk till smooth
- Cover dressing and chill for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
-One serving is 2 tablespoons.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g