You are four ingredients away from a chocolate mint treat that will knock your socks off! Andes mint cookie crunch is ridiculously easy, and a perfect blend of creamy and crunchy. I get recipe requests every time I serve it!
MOUTHWATERING CHOCOLATE MINT CANDY
I love chocolate, and chocolate mint is one of my favorite flavor combinations. A reader shared this recipe with me back in 2010, and it has been a favorite ever since. It’s a cross between a no bake cookie and a candy, and it is so hard to resist!
These little chocolate morsels are heavenly! When I make them I have to give some away, because I can NOT stop eating them. I love the crunch from the cereal and the Oreos. So darn good!!
I served them at a baby shower once, and of the dozens of yummy foods we had, this one got the most comments. Everyone was asking me how to make it. Trust me, it will be a hit at any gathering!
You won’t believe how EASY they are to make. Basically you are just melting a bunch of chocolate, and stirring in cereal and Oreos. The hardest part of the recipe is probably crushing up the Oreo cookies.
On second thought, the hardest part about this recipe is waiting for them to set up before you can eat them. I won’t judge if you just eat a spoonful before they even have a chance to cool. 😉
(To skip my tips and tricks and just see the recipe card, scroll to the bottom of the post.)
How to Make Mint Chocolate Cookie Crunch
- Andes mints (You can use chopped Andes mints, or use the Andes baking bits.)
- semi sweet chocolate chips (The melt much smoother than milk chocolate, so I’d stick with semi sweet or dark chocolate chips.)
- crisp rice cereal
- chocolate Oreo cookies (Just use regular, not Double Stuf.)
- Melt the Andes mints and chocolate chips in a large glass bowl in the microwave at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds or so, till smooth.
- Stir in the rice crispies and crushed Oreos.
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto silicone baking liners. (They are perfect for this, nothing sticks to them!) You can use waxed paper or parchment paper if you don’t have them, but I highly recommend them.
- Let sit till hardened. That’s it!
Instead of dropping the chocolate mixture into mounds, you can press it into a 9″ square pan. Line the pan with parchment or foil, and spray with cooking spray. Press the mixture into the pan, let set up, and cut into squares.
TASTY CHOCOLATE MINT RECIPES:
MORE HOMEMADE CANDY:
- Butter Mints
- Homemade Toffee
- Peanut Butter Truffles
- White Chocolate Puffcorn
- Saltine Toffee
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Microwave Caramels
- Turtle Candies
- Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
ANDES MINT CRUNCH RECIPE
- 1 cup chopped Andes Mints (or Andes mint bits)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 20 Oreos, crushed (about half a package)
- Melt Andes mints and chocolate chips in a large glass bowl in the microwave at 50% power, stirring often.
- Add the crisp rice cereal and crushed Oreos and stir till combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto silicone baking mats or waxed paper. Let sit till hardened. That's it!
If you prefer, you can press the mixture into a 9" foil lined square pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Let cool, then cut into squares.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g