When temperatures are in the high 80’s, I like making recipes that don’t heat up the oven. These no-bake peanut butter bars fit the bill nicely. They are about as quick to throw together as rice crispy treats, but I like them so much better. Hello. . . peanut butter and chocolate? That beats marshmallows any day in my book!
I used rice crispies and cornflakes, but you can substitute other cereals if you like. I’m all for saving a trip to the grocery store. You can of course leave off the chocolate. But why would you? 😉
No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 cups rice crispies
- 6 oz chocolate chips (optional)
- Cook corn syrup, sugar, and salt in saucepan on med heat until it begins to boil.
- Stir until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Stir in oats and cereals. Pour into greased 9x13” pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and spread over bars. Let cool. Cut into squares.
-You can substitute your favorite cereal in place of the corn flakes and rice crispies.
-The original recipe said to put these in a 9" pan. I poured the mixture in and thought they would be way to thick, so I used a 9x13" pan instead.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g