These chewy no bake peanut butter bars are always a crowd pleasing dessert! Oats, corn flakes, and crisp rice cereal give them a great crunch that pairs perfectly with the creamy peanut butter. They will disappear in a flash!
If you’re looking for a ridiculously easy peanut butter treat, you’ve got to try these peanut butter cereal bars.
- You whip them up on the stove top, no oven required.
- They are the perfect balance of creamy, chewy, and crunchy.
- No fancy ingredients. You probably have everything you need just sitting in your pantry.
- A drizzle of melted chocolate on top makes them extra yummy and perfect for chocolate peanut butter fans.
- They store well, so they are perfect for making ahead, and for gifting.
- You can use any cereal you have in your pantry. Perfect for using up those bits of cereal left in the bottom of the bag.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR NO BAKE PB BARS
- Light corn syrup – Karo is a popular brand, but any corn syrup will work. Keep in mind that corn syrup is not the same as high fructose corn syrup.
- Sugar – Regular sugar adds sweetness and softness to the bars.
- Salt – A bit of salt helps balance out the sweetness of the bars.
- Peanut Butter – I like using creamy peanut butter, but you can use crunchy. I use Jif or Skippy. Avoid natural peanut butters, they tend to separate and make the bars oily.
- Vanilla Extract – Adds a depth of flavor; even imitation vanilla works fine for this recipe.
- Oats – I usually use regular oats, but you can use quick oats. They do make the bars a little more dry though.
- Crisp Rice Cereal – We like the airy crispiness that rice krispies add, but you can substitute another cereal like Cheerios.
- Corn Flakes – I’ve only used regular corn flakes, but frosted flakes or any other flake cereal should work just great.
These bars are just about as easy to make as rice crispy treats, but I think they are sooo much better. I mean hello, chocolate and peanut butter can’t compare to marshmallows. At least not in my book!
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, and salt in large pot. Cook and stir over medium heat until it begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the oats, corn flakes, and rice krispies. Stir with a large silicone spatula till cereals are well coated.
- Press mixture into a 9×13″ pan that has been lined with foil and sprayed with non stick cooking spray. I find that it helps to wet my hands with cold water so the mixture doesn’t stick to them.
- Let bars sit for a few minutes to cool, then cut into squares. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- You can eat them immediately, or wait until the chocolate sets up completely. It takes a couple hours.
You can even cut them into shapes with a cookie cutter. I have used a heart shaped cookie cutter and made them for Valentine’s Day. Easy and cute!
LEFTOVERS? These no bake chocolate peanut butter bars will last in an airtight container for over a week. Just make sure the chocolate is completely set up before you stack them.
Can I roll these into balls instead of making pb bars?
Absolutely. Just let the mixture cool for a few minutes until it is cool enough to handle. I usually make them about an inch across, but you can make them any size. You can serve them as is, dip them in chocolate, or drizzle chocolate across the tops.
MORE NO BAKE TREATS:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecake
- Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
LOVE PEANUT BUTTER? TRY THESE:
- Nutella Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Sauce
- Reese’s Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 cups rice krispies
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Press foil into a 9x13" pan and spray with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook and stir corn syrup, sugar, and salt in a large pot over medium heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Stir in oats and cereals. Press mixture into the prepared pan.
- Let bars cool for a few minutes. Use the foil to remove the bars from the pan. Cut into squares.
- Melt chocolate at half power in a glass bowl in the microwave, stirring often.
- Place melted chocolate in a ziplock bag. Snip a small hole in the corner and drizzle chocolate over the bars.
- Serve immediately or let sit for a couple hours until the chocolate is set.
-You can substitute your favorite cereal in place of the corn flakes and rice crispies.
-For thicker bars, you can use 1 7x11" pan.
-You can drizzle the chocolate over the bars before you cut them, but I think they are prettier if you cut them first.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g