Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn — Reese’s peanut butter cups added to popcorn; a perfect snack for all you chocolate and peanut butter lovers out there!
For as much as my family loves popcorn, I realized I have not posted many recipes for popcorn. Time to remedy that, don’t you think? Let’s start with this decadent Peanut Butter Popcorn.
Because it is right up there with some of the most addicting popcorn I’ve ever tasted. I mean you can’t really go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate, can you?
It took me a couple of tries to get the recipe perfect. The first time I made it, I used less popcorn, and the coating was so thick that it made the popcorn soft. It was still yummy, but I wanted my popcorn more on the crunchy side. So I changed up the ingredients and used less of the coating. Perfection!
This snack couldn’t be easier to make. You just melt some Reese’s peanut butter chips with peanut butter, then drizzle it over your popcorn. Add some chopped peanut butter cups and a little melted chocolate, and you are done. The hardest part is waiting for the chocolate to set up so you can dig in!
If you love Reese’s peanut butter cups like I do, you have got to give this recipe a try!
And because today is National Popcorn Day, I’m sharing even more amazing popcorn recipes with you. Don’t you just want to grab a handful!
Easy Homemade Kettle Corn from Yummy Healthy Easy
Churro Popcorn from Ashlee Marie
Black Pepper Parmesan Popcorn from Life Made Simple
Avalanche Popcorn from Real Mom Kitchen
Chocolate Caramel Crunch Popcorn from Summer Scraps
Candy Flavored Sugar Popcorn from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn from Creations by Kara
Pretty in Pink Popcorn from Butter With a Side of Bread
Samoa Popcorn from Like Mother Like Daughter Food
Jalapeno Popper Popcorn from The Stay At Home Chef
Snicker’s Popcorn from The Baker Upstairs
Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 16 mini Reese's peanut butter cups, quartered
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a small glass bowl, melt the peanut butter chips and peanut butter in the microwave at half power, stirring every 30 seconds. When melted and smooth, pour over the popcorn and stir till evenly coated.
- Add the chopped peanut butter cups and spread onto cookie sheets.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a little ziplock bag in the microwave. Snip one corner and drizzle the melted chocolate over the coated popcorn. Let the chocolate set, then serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 5g