I love peanut butter. I especially love cooking with it. So any time I find a recipe featuring peanut butter, I bookmark it. I found this recipe for peanut butter ice cream topping several years ago. It was super easy, and oh so yummy. It’s been a family favorite since then.
Usually we serve it with vanilla ice cream, but it would be good with chocolate ice cream too. Adding the salted peanuts on top makes it extra special. If you like peanut butter, you’ve gotta give it a try. Don’t feel guilty if you want to eat it by the spoonful. Some of us around here may have been known to try that. 😉
Here are a few more mouthwatering peanut butter desserts:
- Peanut Butter Poke Cake
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
MORE TASTY ICE CREAM TOPPINGS:
PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM TOPPING
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Salted peanuts, optional
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add peanut butter and stir till smooth. Stir in evaporated milk.
- Serve warm over ice cream. Sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Cover and store leftovers in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g