Golden Graham S’mores – these ooey gooey no bake s’more bars have all flavors of your favorite campfire treat, but can be made right in your kitchen. A favorite treat all year long!
We may have a s’more treat addiction at my house. I’ve already shared recipes for S’more Brownies, S’more Bars, and even Frozen S’more Cups. Today I’m sharing a recipe for s’more cereal bars. Who can resist a melted chocolate marshmallow treat?
It’s a bonus when the s’more treat doesn’t need to be baked, and takes less than 15 minutes to whip up!
If you have a party, picnic, or potluck, these no bake s’more bars are a perfect dessert. Not only do they taste amazing, they are easy to cut up, store and transport. Trust me, they will be gobbled right up, and people will be begging for more!
Most recipes for golden graham cereal bars just call for milk chocolate, but because I really love chocolate, I use some semi sweet chocolate in my bars. They add an even richer chocolate flavor, and of course they up the ooey gooey factor as well.
If you love easy no bake treats, this recipe is for you. They are just as simple as rice krispies treats, but I think they taste even better!
(To skip my tips and just see the full recipe card, simply scroll to the bottom of the post.)
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR OOEY GOOEY S’MORES BARS
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate chips (I used both milk and semi sweet chocolate chips.)
- corn syrup
- vanilla extract
- Golden Grahams cereal
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE GOLDEN GRAHAM SMORE BARS
- PREP WORK: Spray a 9×13″ pan with non stick cooking spray; set aside. Spray a large mixing bowl with non stick cooking spray.
- MELT INGREDIENTS: In a large glass bowl (I use an 8 cup liquid measuring cup) combine marshmallows, chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup. Cook in the microwave till completely melted, stirring often. Stir in vanilla extract.
- COAT CEREAL: Pour the cereal into your greased bowl. Quickly pour the melted chocolate mixture over the cereal and stir gently till well coated.
- PRESS IN PAN: Press the warm mixture into your prepared pan. I find that it works best to use wet hands. If the mixture starts to stick to your hands, just run them under water again.
- LET BARS SET UP: For easier cutting, let bars sit at room temperature for at least thirty minutes. But of course it is fine to eat them while they are still warm!
VARIATIONS FOR NO BAKE S’MORE BARS:
- Don’t want to use corn syrup? You can use honey instead, or even 1/4 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon of water.
- If you really like dark chocolate, use only semi sweet chocolate chips. Or if you prefer a sweeter bar, just stick with milk chocolate chips.
- Feel free to add any mix-ins. I think that mini chocolate chips or M&M’s would be tasty. Just add them with the one cup of marshmallows.
LOVE S’MORES? TRY THESE:
MORE NO BAKE CEREAL TREATS:
- Oreo Rice Crispy Treats
- Caramel Cornflake Cookies
- Rice Crispy Peanut Butter Balls
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Fluffernutter Rice Crispy Treats
- Cinnamon Roll Chex Mix
GOLDEN GRAHAM S’MORES BAR RECIPE
- 1 10.5 ounce bag mini marshmallows, divided
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 5 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- Spray a 9x13" pan with non stick cooking spray; set aside. Spray a large mixing bowl with non stick cooking spray. Measure 1 cup of the marshmallows and set aside.
- In a large glass bowl combine remaining marshmallows, chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup. Cook in the microwave till melted, stirring every 30-60 seconds. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour the cereal into your greased bowl. Quickly pour the melted chocolate mixture over the cereal with the reserved 1 cup of marshmallows. Stir gently till well coated.
- Press the warm mixture into your prepared pan. I find that it works best to use wet hands, but you can use a spatula or wooden spoon.
- You can let the bars sit for 5 minutes and serve them still warm, or you can let them stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes for easier cutting.
If you prefer, you can melt the marshmallows, chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup in a medium sized saucepan over low heat instead of using the microwave. Stir often, and proceed with the recipe as directed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 234mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 2gSugar: 39gProtein: 3g