Well hello. As you can see from my recent lack of posts, things have not slowed down much at my house. I am going through serious crafting withdrawals. It’s been ages since I’ve had time to work on a project. All my free time has been spent in the kitchen trying to find ways to use up our abundance of produce. I’ve bottled salsa, frozen berries, and made all kinds of stuff with zucchini. And peaches. And green peppers. My kitchen is in a constant state of disarray. Fun times.
My latest peach creation was homemade peach ice cream. I made it the first time last week, but wasn’t quite satisfied with the results. I tweaked the recipe and came up with this version. One of the changes I made was to add more peaches, and a bit of lemon juice. We all agreed it was some of the best peach ice cream we’ve ever tasted. The almond extract is a perfect compliment to the peaches, but if you don’t have it I suppose you can use vanilla. 😉
Peach Ice Cream
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups chopped or mashed peaches
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cover and chill for several hours.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Place in a freezer safe container and ripen in the freezer for 2-3 hours if desired. Enjoy.
-This made two batches in my Cuisinart.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 0gSugar: 46gProtein: 7g