Peanut Butter Chip Bars – a buttery shortbread crust topped with an ooey gooey layer filled with nuts and peanut butter chips. Irresistible!
Well, if you are reading this post, it means I didn’t scare you away with the last post in which I confessed the reality of life at my house lately. Whewww. Thanks for still being my friends.
The lawn is still yellow, and the living room walls are still bare, but thankfully my brother now has a bed to sleep in, and we are making great progress on the deck. Woohoo! Today I am doing soccer drafts (I run the sports in our little town), then I’m taking my oldest son school shopping. Since he starts tomorrow, we thought it was probably time. Nothing like waiting till the last minute. Yikes!
Since I’m still just a tad bit busy, I’m sharing a recipe I made a few months ago. I pretty much love anything with sweetened condensed milk, so I was pretty sure these peanut butter chip bars would be a hit. I took them to a bridal shower, and got lots of rave reviews!
The sweet topping is balanced out just perfectly with the buttery crust. It’s loaded with peanut butter chips and nuts, so it has a yummy crunch. Next time I might try it with salted peanuts, I think that would be delish.
Know a peanut butter chip fan? Make one of these treats for them!
TASTY DESSERT BAR AND BROWNIE RECIPES:
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars
- Golden Graham Bars
- Butterscotch Bars
- Jan Hagel
- Pumpkin Blondies
- Mixed Nut Bars
- Toffee Almond Bars
- Oatmeal Fudge Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Churro Cheesecake Bars
Peanut Butter Chip Bars
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter chips (the rest of the bag)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Stir together flour and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Cut in the butter till crumbly. Stir in the 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips.
- Press into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13" pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Beat or whisk till smooth. Stir in peanut butter chips and nuts.
- Spread filling evenly over hot crust. Return to oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or till golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g