Pumpkin Cranberry Bread – extremely soft and moist pumpkin bread loaded with cranberries and nuts. Orange zest gives it amazing flavor!
Today I am sharing a super yummy recipe for pumpkin cranberry nut bread. I haven’t made this recipe for awhile, and I forgot how much I love it! We were out of milk a couple mornings ago, so cereal was totally not an option. If we would have had bread, toast would have worked. But alas, no bread either.
So I scoured my recipes for something with no milk, and came across this pumpkin bread recipe. I made some into muffins, and my family scarfed them so fast that I actually made another batch the very next day. They are moist and delicious!
The orange zest makes this bread a little different from most pumpkin recipes, and it is a yummy twist. You can make pumpkin bread or muffins, or some of each like I did.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CRANBERRY BREAD
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
- pumpkin puree
- orange zest
- ground cinnamon
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chopped pecans
Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, pumpkin, and orange peel and beat well. Stir in dry ingredients. Fold in nuts and craisins. Spoon in well greased loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for about 65 minutes or till toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
To make Pumpkin Muffins instead of Bread:
-Spoon batter into well grease muffin pans. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Makes about 28 muffins, or 24 muffins and one mini loaf.
VARIATIONS ON PUMPKIN CRANBERRY BREAD:
-I have also used vegetable oil instead of butter with good results. Butter give the bread a richer flavor, but oil does tend to keep it even more moist after a few days.
-You can substitute fresh cranberries (or frozen) for the dried, sweetened cranberries. You will need to chop them first.
-Feel free to use walnuts instead of pecans, or eliminate the nuts altogether. You will have slightly smaller loaves if you leave out the loaves, and the recipe will only yield 24 muffins.
MORE TASTY PUMPKIN RECIPES TO TRY:
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Scones
- Biscoff Cookie Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
EASY QUICK BREADS:
- Eggnog Bread with Crumb Topping
- Cinnamon Swirl Apple Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Snickerdoodle Bread
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Loaded Banana Bread
- Poppy Seed Bread
- 3/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 15oz can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tsp orange peel
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup craisins or chopped cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare loaf pans by spraying with non stick cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bow.. Add eggs, pumpkin, and orange peel and beat well.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Fold in nuts and craisins. Spoon in well greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 325°:
- -For muffins, bake for about 18 minutes. -Makes about 28 muffins, or 24 muffins and 1 mini loaf
- -For mini loaves, bake for about 25-30 minutes. Makes 6 mini loaves.
- -For regular loaves, bake for about 65-70 minutes. Makes 2 loaves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g