Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies – a box of pudding mix makes these cookies extra soft and yummy. A favorite pumpkin cookie recipe!
Well, it’s September now, which means pumpkin season is in full force around here! I love the smell and taste of pumpkin spice, so I bake pumpkin goodies as often as I can.
My cousin gave me the recipe for these incredible pumpkin spice cookies. The secret is a box of pumpkin spice pudding mix. It makes them so soft, and adds yummy flavor. It can be hard to find in stores, so I always grab it when I see it. You can also get it on amazon.
If you’ve ever used pudding mix in cookies before, you know that it makes them turn out perfectly soft every time. These pumpkin cookies are proof of that. Seriously, they are so, so yummy!
We love them with white chocolate chips, but you can use any flavor you like. You could also add nuts. Pecans are my personal favorite, especially if they are toasted. Yummo.
Tips for making pumpkin spice cookies:
- Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature, but not melted. You want it to be nice and creamy when you beat it with the sugars and dry pudding mix.
- If you can’t find the pumpkin spice pudding mix, you can substitute vanilla and up the amount of pumpkin pie spice to 1 1/2 tsp. It won’t be quite the same, but they will still be tasty!
- For a bakery look, use a cookie scoop to place the dough on the cookie sheets, and press a few white chocolate chips into the top of each cookie.
- Some readers have commented that their cookies don’t spread. My pumpkin puree is almost the consistency of applesauce. If yours is more thick, I recommend adding an extra tablespoon or two so that the dough has enough liquid.
I hope you’ll give these cookies a try, they are a must during fall baking season!
Looking for even more yummy pumpkin recipes? Try these:
Recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) box of instant pumpkin spice pudding mix, dry
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I used canned)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2- 2 cups white chocolate baking chips
- Cream butter, sugars, and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture with the white chips. Stir till well combined.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto silpat lined or lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
If you can't find the pumpkin spice pudding mix, you can try using vanilla pudding and adding an additional 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g