These soft molasses cookies are made even tastier with the addition of white chocolate. It is a perfect balance to the spicy ginger, and oats add a nice crunch. A wonderful update on a classic cookie recipe!
The holiday season just isn’t complete without at least one batch of spice cookies.
I have a recipe for dipped gingersnaps that is a holiday staple at our house. The combination of spicy ginger and white chocolate is absolutely amazing! I wanted to come up with a cookie that had the same flavors, but that was a little easier to prepare. Because dipping cookies is a little time consuming when you are making ten dozen to give as gifts!
I found a recipe for molasses white chocolate cookies at Sweet Recipeas and decided to give it a try. Instead of dipping the cookies in white chocolate, they are filled with white chocolate chips. All of the flavor without the work!
I made a few changes to the original recipe, and they turned out just as yummy as I imagined. Crispy on the edges, but soft and chewy in the middle.
I love how the deep flavor of the molasses compliments the sweet white chocolate. And the addition of oats gives them a nice crunch. These molasses cookies are a perfect holiday treat, and they make your house smell just like Christmas!
More outstanding holiday cookies:
- Chocolate Drizzled Cookie Sticks
- Christmas M&M Cookies
- Candy Cane Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- Cherry Shortbread Cookies
- Italian Cookies
- Cherry Thumbprints
- Oreo Andes Cookies
- Mint M&M Cookies (with Oreos)
- Raspberry Ribbon Cookies
- Bon Bon Cookies
MOLASSES OATMEAL COOKIES RECIPE
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, oil, and brown sugar till very creamy. Beat in the molasses and vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon. Stir into the wet ingredients with the white chips.
- Roll dough into balls and place on lightly greased or silpat lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g