Whenever I make my Pecan Crusted Salmon, this rice pilaf is one of the side dishes I serve with it. Add some green salad or cooked vegetables (we like cooked carrots with it) and you have a complete balanced meal.
I came across the recipe a few years ago and have never found a rice pilaf recipe that my family likes better. The addition of soup mix gives it a little extra something. I think it is great sprinkled with sliced almonds, but you don’t have to add them.
Herbed Rice Pilaf
Yield: 5 cups
This flavorful rice pilaf is so easy, and has a wonderful crunch from sliced almonds.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 2.25 oz packet chicken noodle soup mix
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Saute 1st four ingredients for 5-8 minutes over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle almonds over each serving for a little extra crunch.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
One serving is about a cup.
Leave a Reply