Whenever I make my Pecan Crusted Salmon, this rice pilaf is one of the side dishes I serve with it. Add some green salad or cooked vegetables (we like cooked carrots with it) and you have a complete balanced meal.
I came across the recipe a few years ago and have never found a rice pilaf recipe that my family likes better. The addition of soup mix gives it a little extra something. I think it is great sprinkled with sliced almonds, but you don’t have to add them.
Herbed Rice Pilaf
- 1 cup rice
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 pouch chicken noodle soup mix
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Sliced almonds, optional
- Saute 1st four ingredients for 5-8 minutes over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle almonds over each serving for a little extra crunch.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g