I got this Swedish meatball recipe from a guy I dated in college that had lived in Sweden for 2 years. I’m not sure how authentic they are, but my husband and four boys all think they are yummy!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- 1 cup milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, very finely diced
- 1/4 cup flour (or more)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 tsp. beef bouillon
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream (fat free works fine for this recipe)
- For the meatballs: Combine all ingredients and shape into 1 1/2" balls. (I use a cookie scoop so I don’t have to get my hands dirty.)
- Place on foil lined cookie sheets and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or till brown.
- For the gravy: In a large, heavy pan, cook onion in butter till tender.
- Whisk the flour with the water till all lumps are gone. Add to onions with bouillon and Worcestershire.
- Cook and stir till bubbly and thick. (If it isn’t thick enough, whisk more flour with some water and add till it is how you like it. If it is to thick, add water.)
- At this point I do a taste test and add more bouillon granules or Worcestershire if I think it needs it.
- Stir in meatballs and sour cream and heat through but don’t boil. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 567Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1116mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g