Quick and Easy Toffee Bars . . . you can whip up a batch of these chewy chocolate topped bars in just minutes!
I love toffee. Anytime I see a recipe with toffee in the title, it goes right into my to try pile. Symphony bars were on sale a few weeks ago, so I stocked up on them. When I came across this recipe for easy toffee bars, I knew I had to try it.
The original recipe called for melting Hershey bars on top and adding pecans. I thought Symphony bars would just kick it up a notch. I used the ones with the toffee chips in them, and I thought they were fabulous.
They have a nice rich flavor from the brown sugar, and the chocolate with toffee on top is just perfect.
I like to add sliced almonds to the top, but they are also fantastic with just the chocolate. Who knew that 7 ingredients could taste so good?
Go crazy for toffee? Here are a few more amazing recipes to try:
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 4.25oz Symphony bars, chopped
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in the flour and salt.
- Press into a greased 15x10" jelly roll pan. It will be a very thin layer. I like to wet my hands down to make the job a little easier.
- Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped Symphony bars. Wait a couple minutes for the chocolate to soften, then spread it evenly.
- If desired, sprinkle with sliced almonds. Cool before cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
(photos updated 7/2017)