Bruschetta Chicken starts with a flavorful marinade, is baked till perfectly juicy, then topped with fresh tomatoes, basil, and a balsamic glaze.
Bursting with flavor, it’s easy enough even for busy weeknights, and your family will love it!
This chicken is tasty all year long, but it’s especially yummy during the summer when garden fresh tomatoes are available!
BAKED BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN
All the toppings found on bruschetta – tomato, basil, garlic, onion, vinegar, and oil. But instead of putting it on top of toasted bread, you’ll be putting it on top of marinated chicken breast.
Instead of a light appetizer, it’s a healthy, hearty main dish! And because there’s no bread, it’s a perfect low carb chicken recipe.
If you’re looking for a chicken recipe that looks like it came from a restaurant, but is easy enough for busy weeknights, you are going to fall in love with this easy bruschetta chicken recipe!
HOW TO TO MAKE BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN
- PREP – Pound your chicken breasts until they are the same thickness. This will ensure that your chicken bakes evenly. You can use a meat mallet, rolling pin, or even a heavy saucepan. Spray a 9×13″ pan with cooking spray.
- MARINADE – Place chicken breasts in prepared pan. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Let chicken marinate for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
- BAKE– Bake chicken and marinade uncovered at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°. During the last 5 minutes of baking, spread the mozzarella over the chicken so it will melt.
- TOPPING– While chicken is baking, toss together the chopped tomatoes, garlic, diced onions, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh basil, and salt.
- SERVE – After cheese is melted, top each piece of chicken with some of the bruschetta topping. Serve immediately.
- When pounding chicken breast, place the chicken in a large ziplock bag, or between two pieces of plastic wrap. This prevents raw chicken juice from splashing all over your counter, clothes, and floor!
- The chicken is fine marinating at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. Any longer than that and you should put it in the refrigerator. If marinated in the fridge, let it sit at room temperature while the oven is preheating.
- Get a good instant read thermometer, or a smart thermometer. I love my Meater thermometer! You insert it in the chicken before cooking, and it notifies your phone when the meat is done. No more dry meat!
Yes, you can whip up the marinade earlier in the day, or even the night before. I don’t recommend marinating it much longer than 15 hours, the vinegar starts to disintegrate the outside of the chicken.
Of course! After marinating the chicken, you can grill it over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes per side or until temperature reaches 165 degrees. Make sure you rub your grill with oil first so it doesn’t stick.
How to store leftovers? You can store leftover chicken in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat it in the microwave for a minute or two.
I don’t recommend freezing the chicken after adding the tomato topping, but you could freeze it after baking. It will last for 2-3 months in the freezer. You will need to whip up the topping when you are ready to serve it.
What to Serve with Bruschetta Chicken
You can serve the chicken as is, or serve it over hot cooked pasta or even zoodles. Here are a few ideas for side dishes:
- Roasted Asparagus
- Green salad with ranch dressing
- Carrots and Zucchini
- Garlic bread or homemade garlic knots
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Rosemary Bread
MORE TASTY CHICKEN RECIPES
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Pesto Mozzarella Chicken
- Potato Chip Chicken
- Alice Springs Chicken
CHICKEN BRUSCHETTA RECIPE
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4.5 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 large roma tomatoes, diced (room temperature)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion (white or yellow)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (more or less)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pound chicken breasts until they are an even thickness. Place in a 9x13" glass dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Bake chicken for about 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese pieces over the chicken the last five minutes of cooking so they will melt.
- Make the topping while the chicken is cooking. Stir together tomatoes, garlic, onion, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh basil, and salt.
- Spread the topping over the melted cheese and serve immediately.
If you don't have fresh mozzarella, you can use sliced or grated mozzarella instead. Still yummy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 914mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 61g
If you love bruschetta, you’ve got to try this tasty chicken breast recipe. It’s easy to make, healthy, and packed with fresh flavor!