Sautéed Carrots and Zucchini – parmesan cheese and a sprinkling of dill gives these vegetables a flavor explosion! A great side dish to just about any meal.
Sometimes side dishes are so tasty that I could just have them for my main meal! I can eat these veggies for lunch and be happy with nothing else. We do, however, love them served with main dishes like Pecan Crusted Salmon and Mayonnaise Chicken.
I found saw this recipe on Becky Higgins’ blog and thought I would give it a try. I love just about anything topped with Parmesan cheese, and this was no exception. The dill added a subtle but yummy fresh flavor. Even my kids ate it without complaining.
Since I always have baby carrots on hand, that’s what I usually use. But if you have regular carrots, you can just peel and slice them and proceed with the recipe as written.
If you would prefer to saute the carrots instead of steaming them, you can also go that route.
How to make Carrots and Zucchini
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- dried dill weed
- salt and pepper
RECIPES FEATURING ZUCCHINI
- Parmesan Mozzarella Zucchini Bites
- Butterscotch Zucchini Blondies
- Fluffy Zucchini Banana Muffins
- Pear Zucchini Bread
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- Dill weed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil the carrots till crisp tender, about 10 minutes; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the zucchini and saute for about 3-5 minutes till crisp tender.
- Stir in the carrots. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and dill over the vegetables; saute for a minute. Turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the vegetables. Cover with a lid and let sit a minute or two until the cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 49Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 1g
(Originally published 10/21/08, updated August 2019.)
See all my SIDE DISHES.