This Chocolate Chip Raspberry Banana Bread is super moist, tender, and bursting with fresh flavor. An indulgent twist on regular banana bread.
Raspberries and chocolate are a perfect flavor combination, and they star in this decadent banana bread. I loved the tart burst of flavor from the fresh berries and the richness of the dark chocolate. Seriously so yummy!
We had a bunch of overripe bananas, so I made a big batch and sent a couple loaves to work with my husband. He came home with an empty tray and a bunch of rave reviews. Everyone loved it!
The raspberries do add extra moistness to the bread, so make sure you don’t under-bake it or it will turn soggy pretty quickly. And no one likes soggy bread. 🙁
How to make Chocolate Chip Raspberry Banana Bread
Ingredients needed for this quick bread:
- brown sugar
- sour cream
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
- fresh raspberries
Cream butter and brown sugar till creamy. Add eggs, sour cream, bananas, and vanilla. Beat well. Whisk together the dry ingredients and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Stir lightly into the wet ingredients. Carefully fold in the fresh raspberries.
Divide batter between the four mini loaf pans. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Allow bread to cool 5 minutes in pans, then remove to cooling racks.
Tips for making this Raspberry Banana Bread Recipe
-Use bananas that are overripe. They should be completely covered in black spots, or even totally black. The riper they are, the more flavor they will add to the bread.
-Fresh raspberries work best for this recipe. Frozen raspberries tend to be softer, so instead of holding their shape, they become mashed into the batter, causing streaks. They can also add too much moisture to the bread. Frozen will work, but the results won’t be quite as pretty, and you may need to bake the bread longer.
-If you don’t have sour cream, plain yogurt or plain greek yogurt will work just fine.
If you’re looking for a way to jazz up your regular banana bread, give this recipe a try. You’re sure to love it!
TOO MANY OVERRIPE BANANAS? HERE ARE A FEW WAYS TO USE THEM:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sour Cream Banana Coffee Cake
- Loaded Banana Bread
- White Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread
- Banana Pancakes
MORE TASTY RECIPES FEATURING RASPBERRIES:
- Raspberry Sweet Rolls
- White Chocolate Raspberry Scones
- Raspberry Vanilla Ice Cream
- White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake
Chocolate Chip Raspberry Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 over-ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray four mini loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottoms with parchment paper; set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl till creamy. Add eggs, sour cream, bananas, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Whisk together the flour, soda, salt and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Stir lightly into the wet ingredients. Carefully fold in the fresh raspberries.
- Divide batter between the four mini loaf pans. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or till lightly browned and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow bread to cool 5 minutes in pans, then remove to cooling racks.
-If you prefer, you can bake in a 9x5" loaf pan. It will take about 60 minutes to bake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 47gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 3gSugar: 25gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 5g
See all my QUICK BREAD RECIPES.