Hope that all of you had a fabulous weekend!! We had a blast at my sister’s house, even though our 4-wheeling expedition got hailed out. Thank goodness we had some shelter under a pavilion, because the storm hit hard and fast! Oh, and if you’ve never been under a tin roof during a hail storm-it is LOUD! My youngest son did not like it at all. Poor kid thought the whole roof was going to fall down on us. It sure sounded like it!
Despite getting a little wet, we had a great time. And of course being the 4th of July, we had lots of yummy food. I made the most addicting chocolate peanut butter cookies. They are loaded with not only Reese’s peanut butter chips, but also peanut butter cups. A peanut butter lover’s dream!
I got the idea for this recipe from Melanie at My Kitchen Cafe. I forgot to buy the Reese’s Pieces that she uses, but I think they would be a great addition. Although, even without them I thought these cookies were over the top delicious. If you love chocolate and peanut butter, these are sure to become a favorite!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/3 flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 package mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, quartered and frozen
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients till well mixed. Gently stir in the chips and frozen Reese's.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto silpat lined or lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g