Creamy Chocolate Pie . . . chocolate Oreo crust filled with a chocolate cheesecake mousse and garnished with whipped cream. A simple but delicious chocolate pie!
Creamy Chocolate Pie
Sometimes simple recipes are the best, and this pie definitely fits into that category. Nothing fancy, just a luscious chocolate filling in a chocolate crust. It just melts in your mouth, and is so easy to make!
I’ve been making this pie for years, and it’s always a hit. The original recipe called for milk chocolate chips, but sometimes I like to use half semi sweet for a more pronounced chocolate flavor. You can use whatever you prefer.
Can this chocolate pie be made ahead of time? Absolutely! It will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator if covered tightly. It can even be served frozen, and it is extra refreshing. I’ve frozen it for up to a month with great results. Just let it defrost for 5-10 minutes before serving.
How to make Creamy Chocolate Pie
- Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar
- Cream Cheese
Make a crust by mixing finely crushed Oreos and melted butter. Press into a 9″ pie plate and bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
Melt chocolate chips and milk in a glass bowl in the microwave at half power, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth. Beat cream till soft peaks form, add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat till smooth. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese till very smooth. Slowly beat in the melted chocolate mixture. Fold in the whipped cream mixture.
Pour filling into crust and chill for 3-4 hours or till set. Garnish with additional whipped cream if desired.
Tips for making Creamy Chocolate Pie
– Don’t let the chocolate mixture get too hot or the chocolate can seize up and turn thick. After it is mostly melted with just a few lumps, I like to just stir it until they melt. If there are any that don’t melt, then I will put it back in the microwave for a few seconds.
-Regular cream cheese works best for this pie. I love using the lower fat (neufchatel) cheese for many recipes, but it doesn’t set up as firm. Regular cream cheese makes the pie much easier to cut.
-To make this pie even easier, you can use a store bought chocolate crust and use an 8 oz container of Cool Whip in place of the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
MORE SCRUMPTIOUS NO-BAKE PIE RECIPES:
Creamy Chocolate Pie
- 18 Oreos
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- For crust: Finely crush the Oreos in a food processor. Mix in the melted butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips and milk in a glass bowl in the microwave at half power, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth.
- Beat the cream till soft peaks form, add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat till smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese till very smooth. Slowly beat in the melted chocolate mixture. Fold in the whipped cream mixture.
- Pour filling into crust and chill for 3-4 hours or till set. Garnish with additional whipped cream if desired.
-You can use milk chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips, or a combination of both. I like to use half and half.
-You can substitute an 8 oz container of Cool Whip for the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g