We love banana bread in all of its forms at our house, so I’m fine with another excuse to bake up some banana bread! Who doesn’t love a slice fresh and warm from the oven? So yummy for breakfast. . . or brunch. . . or lunch. . . or an afternoon snack. . .
A couple of years ago I contributed to a blogger recipe book for charity. This is the recipe that my cute friend Shelley from House of Smiths contributed. She promised that it was melt in your mouth delicious, and she was right!
I’m a fan of using buttermilk in baking, because it adds great moisture and flavor. This banana bread recipe is no exception. I hope you’ll give it a try. It is a holiday after all. 🙂
Buttermilk Banana Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Whisk together flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, butter, buttermilk, and bananas. Stir in dry ingredients till just moistened.
- Pour into 6 or 7 *small loaf pans that have been sprayed with Baker's Joy or spread with shortening and dusted with flour.
- Bake at 350° for about 30-35 minutes. Let cool in pans 5-8 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
My loaf pans are 5 3/4" by 3"
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 290mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g