Ranch Crock Pot Pork Chops

These pork chops are made in the crock pot, and they are insanely easy. And delicious! The gravy is super flavorful and goes fabulously with the garlic mashed potatoes. You gotta love quick and easy recipes that taste fantastic! This pork chop recipe has popped up on a few blogs, but I found it over at Chef in Training.
crock-pot-recipe, pork-chops

I altered the recipe a bit, and here are my changes: I like to brown my pork chops first because I think it adds flavor, but you can totally skip that step if you are in a rush. The original recipe calls for a packet of ranch dressing mix, but I use my homemade version because it’s cheaper, healthier, and I always have it on hand. It’s also less salty, and I feel like the soup adds enough salt.

Ranch Crock Pot Pork Chops

4 pork chops, about 1/2″ thick
a little oil for browning
1  Tbsp homemade ranch dressing mix (or you can use a Tbsp. from a store bought packet)
1 10-oz can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
Mashed Potatoes– I used my Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Quickly brown the pork chops on both sides over medium high heat in a little bit of oil. Don’t completely cook them, just give them a quick sear. Place them in your crock pot and sprinkle with the ranch dressing mix. Pour the soup over the top. Cook on LOW heat for 5-6 hours, or on HIGH heat for 3-4 hours. Serve with hot mashed potatoes.

Doesn’t this look yummy? One of our favorite crock pot recipes so far! :)
recipe-crock-pot-pork-chops

Note:
-On the other websites that posted this recipe,  I’ve seen several comments from readers telling other readers that they shouldn’t use canned soup.  I usually try to stay away from recipes with canned soup because it’s not the healthiest option in the world. But I feel totally fine using it every once in awhile. I know some of you won’t touch it with a ten foot pole, and that is totally fine. Feel free to skip this recipe. Some of you probably use it all the time. That is fine too. I don’t think we need to leave comments judging each other about how we are feeding our families. When it comes right down to it, we are all doing our best. And that is good enough. So let’s play nice. :)

Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.

Print Friendly

Comments

1. This looks really good……pinned it!

2. Ruth W. says:

I just made these tonight! I had to cut it in half(just my husband and myself)but it worked out. I found the recipe on Pinterest about 2 weeks ago…not sure where.

3. Maureen says:

First, thanks for a great recipe that will be made in my house this week! Secondly, thanks for reminding everyone not to judge. I am chronically ill and getting a meal any meal, on the table is a battle. I use canned soup and other shortcuts, some may say I would be healthier if I cut those things out, but they aren’t walking in my shoes. Thanks for letting all of us do the best we can and be kind to one another!

4. These look awesome! I need to try them – I love my crock pot!!

5. Thanks for the recipe! We have a lot of pork on hand around the end of August and I was beginning to run out of ideas for how to cook them…. My family is very busy but we do manage to eat healthy… still it is nice to have shortcuts for those crazy weeks (notice I didn’t stop at crazy nights!). Thanks again!

• Haha, it’s so true. Sometimes entire weeks (or even months) can just be crazy busy! I always love a good fast recipe for those times. :)

6. Made these pork chops at lunch today and just got them out of the crock pot. Thanks for an amazing recipe! I made them with your garlic mashed potatoes and I love it. I found your site on pinterest. Thanks again!

• So glad to hear it Erin! I always love a new Pinterest friend. That site is amazing! (and addicting)

• Hello!! I just stuck these suckers in the crock pot about 1 1/2 hrs ago.. Not sure if you will see this post today but I thought I would ask anyway .. maybe future users might have the same question.. does it get liquidy like in the picture or is it supposed to stay thick.. right now it is still thick.. and liquidy on the bottom from the pork juice I guess! Does this sound right? or do I need to add milk or anything?? Thank you! Can’t wait to try!!!

• Shelly,
      Mine turned out with plenty of sauce at the end. After they are done cooking, just stir all the juices and sauce together. You can and add milk or water if it is too thick.

7. Oh my – all your recipes look so wonderful and as I read them they sound so tasty and easy – I can’t wait to try them. I found your site using Stumbleupon its kinda like pinterest. Thanks for sharing your amazing recipes.

• Thanks so much Joanne! I used to use Stumbleupon lots more before Pinterest came around. Now I’m a totally Pinterest addict! :)

8. Michele says:

Thank you so much for your words about not judging each other. There is way too much of that going on in this world.

• Definitely. It is so much better when we can just support each other rather than trying to tear down. Thankfully, I have had nothing but positive comments from my awesome readers so far. Sure hope it continues! :)

9. Amanda Hughes says:

I tried this recipe tonight and my husband loved it! We will definitely be having this dish more often. Thanks for sharing it!

10. Melissa Smith says:

That looks yummy!! I will be cooking this for supper tomorrow!! (with the cream soup hehehehe)

11. I read this wrong and used a whole package of ranch dressing mix. It was fantastic but i am sure the sodium level was more than i want to know.

• I kept going back and forth on wether she meant a TBS of the store bought ranch or the whole packet too. Glad I read your response. =)

12. super stoked about trying these within the next week or so, shout out to my sister for pinning it and showing me….looks super easy AND it gives me another reason to use my crock pot (which i absolutely love doing) and gives me more time to play with my kids, since i will already have dinner getting ready!!! thanks for posting!!!

13. Elizabeth says:

Looks super easy and delich!! Can’t wait to try it!

14. I can’t wait to try these. And I really can’t wait to try out your Ranch Dressing mix! I’m so tired of the store brand ranch that I switched to honey mustard. But I love ranch! :)

• I can’t even stand bottled ranch dressing anymore. My husband teases me that I’m a ranch dressing snob, and it’s probably true. :)

15. I want to make this for my girlfriend tonight, but I bought pork chops with bones in them. Can I use them, or should I trim them?

16. Regena McConnell says:

Perhaps a stupid question (sorry!), but do I just add the soup, or do I also add milk or water as I would if making the soup? The sauce looks very creamy, but I can’t envision it doing this if I just put in the condensed soup, sans something else. Am I wrong about that?

Thanks for the recipe! It looks great and I also like your homemade Ranch recipe and garlic mashed potatoes. I’ll be trying all three!

Regena

17. What is the green herb sprinkled on top? What other sides do you serve with these chops?

• I just sprinkled some dried parsley on the top for garnish. I usually serve them with a tossed green salad, or cooked veggies.

18. Trying this today. Thanks for sharing.

19. Tried this today and it was delicious! Thanks for sharing. This will definitely stay in the rotation of meals! Anxious to try the homemade ranch. I used a packet for today ‘s meal. Kudos to you!

20. In the crockpot as we speak! I’m pregnant and quite sick so a meal that looks very tasty yet he cooked and easy,
    Is right up my street! Found you through pinterest! Many thanks!

21. This looks so easy and good that I will have to try it.

22. Do I use the entire packet of ranch dressing or just a tablesspoon.

23. Do I use the entire package of ranch dressing or just a tablespoon like you used for the prepared dressing.

• Judy, I’d start with just a Tablespoon. The packets I used (years ago) had about a tablespoon in them, but I know that different brands and varieties have different amounts. If your packet has just more than a tablespoon, it’s fine to just use the whole thing though. :)

24. Thank you SO SO much again Kara! So glad I pinned this! We all loved it and the sauce was super yummy especially! Def a keeper!!

25. It’s in the crock pot as I post this…I have a house of men…so this recipe looks hearty and delicious…so hopefully no leftovers…and a new crockpot meal for tomorrow’s dinner…;)

26. This sounds delicious, cant wait to try it. Just a quick question. Should I make the can of soup or pour it in undiluted?

27. And this is why I love Pinterest. This looks awesome and it’s something new to do with all the pork chops in my freezer. I’m also glad about the ranch seasoning recipe. Those packets are a great shortcut because you can sprinkle a little on anything and it tastes like you worked really hard on it. ;) I’ll definitely make up a batch to have on hand. When I figure out to make and can the cream soups I’ll probably do that too, until then, having them pre-made on hand can save a disaster dinner night. It’s nice to see support for those of us that can’t always Martha Stewart our way through dinner.

28. These look and sound so good, can’t wait to try them! One question though, do you use liquid ranch dressing or just the dry mix?

29. Hello, I’m wondering something and this is not a judge, it’s legit. Do you have a recipe for homemade cream soup? See, my issue is I LOVE cream of mushroom and I think this would be amazing with that instead of cream of chicken. In my family (there are 6 of us), I am the only one that loves mushrooms. They don’t even LIKE them. LOL Most of my casseroles and whatnot that include cream soups, I use the chicken one. I’m not that big of a fan of it. Or celery, potato or brocolli.
    So, just wondering if you did. Plus, I would love to make a huge batch and freeze in amounts that could be used a little at a time.

• How did it turn out with the cream of mushroom??? Making it with cream of mushroom tonight and just wondering. Last time I made it with cream of chicken, and it was a huge hit, I can’t imagine it wouldn’t be good with cream of mushroom and I don’t like mushrooms!!! :)

30. Making this for dinner tonight! Our family has designated this new recipe week, so a new recipe every day of the week! So excited that this is our first one this week!!

31. This is whats for dinner on this nasty rainy day. I cant wait to try..thanks for sharing, and reminding everyone to play nice (cream soup is yummy).

32. This was great! My hubby ate it up in five minutes! Made it with Cream of mushroom cause its what I had but I think the chicken would taste even better. For the people who don’t want to use prepackaged or prefabbed items, there are plenty of recipes around the net for cream of bases and ranch seasonings.

• So glad you and your hubby liked it Charyse! And it’s true, there are plenty of recipes out there for “cream of. . .” recipes. :)

33. Can’t wait to try this! Sometimes a mom just needs a easy go to meal :)

34. In the crockpot right now!! Thanks for the great recipe!! I love porkchops and ranch lol (:

35. I use canned soups for a lot of recipes! I think it adds a nice touch. These days, no food is safe to eat lol so I make what I like! And I am a healthy person! This looks amazing and I can’t wait to try it out!

36. Amanda Nyman says:

So I had the pork sitting in the fridge for a couple days and was going to make this recipe tomorrow. However, I work longer than 6 hours during the day =). So I was wondering if this recipe would still work but just pop it in the oven instead. If so, any suggestions as to about how long (and what temp) I’d cook it for? Thanks!

37. It’s in the crock pot now! :) trying to learn quick easy ways of cooking for my lovey…thanks && I was so happy to run across this recipe especially since I didn’t have to buy any extra ingredients lol.

38. Just a couple of questions…can I use a boneless pork roast instead of individual chops and if so, how much will that change the cook time? Also, I’m extremely impatient so what if I just threw it in frozen?

• I’ve never tried it with a pork roast, but it would probably work, just not look quite as nice. An entire roast is much larger than 4 chops, so you might need to double all the other ingredients. And it would probably need to cook for an extra couple of hours.
      I’m not a fan of using frozen meats in the crock pot because I don’t like how they release so much extra liquid. When I’ve tried it, the liquid waters down the flavor and gives the meat the texture of boiled meat.
      But you could try it, it might work fine for pork. Keep in mind that if using a frozen roast, you’d probably need to double these cooking times. Good luck!

39. I am trying this today but using cream if mushroom since that’s all I had. It was easy prep on a day when I have a severe migraine. Thanks for sharing.

40. This recipe was great! I had cheddar ranch dry mix and used that and it was great. Loved the recipe. Thanks

41. would this work with chicken instead of pork? Sounds and looks delicious but my family is not a huge pork fan.

42. This is delicious!!!! I made it with chicken instead of pork and I’m in love!

43. Great inspiration recipe! Will adapt this to the oven this afternoon and I think it will be great. Pre-browning always makes for a nicer looking result. And, as far as the “canned soup critics” go, look for the low-sodium, low-fat options available. Good food that gets eaten is more nutritious than “healthy” stuff that gets pushed around the plate.

44. Lots wonderful! Canned soup to assist in making a healthy homemade supper or McDonalds? I think you win. Canned soup it shall be with no regrets!

45. Stephanie west says:

This is a silly question but can I cook this on low heat in the oven? My crock of my crock pot broke and I am without a crock pot for the first time in my life. If so what temp do you reccomend and for how long? Thank you to anyone who can answer this for me.

46. Thank you for the Pin. I also really appreciate your comments about us all doing the best we can. Well Played!

47. Wow this is such an easy recipe. I was thinking about making some pork tomorrow for New Years, but wasn’t sure what to do with it. This will be perfect for a warm winter meal.
    i love your note at the end by the way. It’s no one’s place to judge others’ choices, when it come to making dinner especially! I leave a note at the end of my giveaway posts that is similar… glad to see I am not the only one brave enough to tell people to behave!

48. Very well said, I can’t wait to try it tonight on my gang.

49. This has been in my crockpot for about 4hrs. It smells delicious. I stirred it up because it was looking runny. Do you think that will ruin the ranch taste? Cant wait to try it (:

50. Thank you for this recipe! I’ve been making it about once a month for the last six months and my family loves it. It is going to come in so handy when I start teaching again this fall and need something that will cook itself while I’m working! I come back to this page over and over because for the chops and the ranch recipe.

51. Made this last night and my hubby and kids loved it! The only thing different I did was instead of mashed potatoes we did fried. Amazing! Hubby wants me to make it again tomorrow!

52. Going to try this recipe tomorrow night. BTW, love your last paragraph about everyone just dong there best, AMEN!

53. angela laroche says:

I am trying this tonight, but I am using chicken breasts. I need to go shopping and it isn’t happening until tomorrow, so we are using what we have lol
    I still plan to serve it over garlic mashed and maybe whipe up a loaf of bread. Pretty excited, it sounds like a great recipe!
    Hoping the chickenisn’t going to ruin it!

54. This sounds like such a great recipe I’m about to put it in the crockpot… And I absolutely love your last comment on how people need to play nice and stop critiquing on how others cook!! I’m looking forward to other recipes you post :) cheers from Austin Tx

• Hope you like the pork chops Michelle! I’m wishing I was in Texas right about now. It has been COLD for days, and we are dealing with frozen pipes today. I need some sunshine!

55. I made this today and it was fantastic. I see a lot of people worrying about the health factor of this recipe. I am a person who eats clean, works out 5-6 days a week, and is very health conscious. This recipe can meet all of your needs if you are looking for a healthy dinner. Here are some tips – 1. Use the low sodium, low fat soup. 2. Use pork sirloin for the chops (very high protein/low fat). 3. Dont use oil for browning use a spray. 4. For the potatoes, I use red skin potatoes mashed only with fat free sour cream and a little almond milk. 5. Choose a steamed veggie like broccoli for the side.

56. Trying this today, perfect for below zero weather! I love anything that makes a nice dinner and cooks in the crockpot too! Thanks for the post.

57. BornInaZoo says:

I’ve been wanting to make this since I bookmarked it back in September, but had to figure out how to adjust it for a single person. Well… this weekend I was given 4 thick cut pork chops because my friend got them in a bulk meat pack & she doesn’t like pork. I browned the pork chops & then froze them.

I’m gone from home for 8 hours so starting from frozen extended the cooking time. This morning I put two in my baby crockpot with all of the rest of the ingredients … (I love lot of gravy!) … and cream of mushroom.

OH YUM! Plus leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

• Way to score some free pork, that’s always a bonus! And don’t you just love leftovers? With four boys, they don’t happen often at our house, but I sure love it when they do!

58. Anonymous says:

Made this tonight with 8 pork chops (big family and lunch for hubby tomorrow.) it was really good. i used the whole ranch packet and only one can of soup but it still made a nice amount of gravy. my 3 picky toddlers liked it so WIN lol.

59. Making these as we speak. My freezer went out and I was left with about 20 pork chops unthawed, that needed to be cooked… (along with a bunch of other meat)….I had evey pan going cooking and needed something easy and quick to do in the crock pot! I had seen this recipeposted on pinterest and decided today is the perfect day to try it out!! Cant wait to have them for dinner!!!

60. Just put this in the crock pot!! Can’t wait to try it :) Thank you for posting.

61. You can always make your own cream of chicken soup, too! It’s extremely easy, and much healthier than the canned soup. There are plenty of recipes on Pinterest if you’re interested! :D

62. Mary ellen says:

Do you mix the soup with water and pour in or just use the condensed soup alone?

63. Mary ellen says:

Do you add water to the soup or just the condensed soup alone?

64. Would this work with cream of mushroom as well?

65. I made this using the from scratch cream of whatever recipe I also found on pinterest…and my from scratch ranch mix..it was yummy! good for chicken too..

66. If you wanted a healthier version that takes a little more time, you can mix bean flour (or whatever kind you want, really) with some chicken broth to thicken the sauce. I usually go with low-fat canned soup, but every now & then I have 5 extra minutes to make it a little healthier.

67. Kristel says:

These chops look great, Kara! I’m looking to prepare something delicious for my boyfriend’s family and this might just be it :D Of course, I would need to double the recipe then. So, will everything still cook properly if I put in 8 chops instead of 4???

Thanks!

68. Are you serious? Don’t use canned soup???? Girlfriend, I need all the shortcuts I can get! Canned soup suits me just fine. I really need slow cooker recipes that are 9-10 hours. I wonder how this would do for that long of a cook time??

• I know that sometimes pork gets tough when cooked too long, so I’m not sure how it would do cooked that long. If you try it, I’d use frozen pork chops. They make the gravy more watery, but I think that’s better than tough pork chops!

69. Anonymous says:

This looks so yummy!! Putting this in the Crock Pot as I type!! Can’t wait to serve it tonight :-) Thanks for sharing <3

70. Crystal Irby says:

71. Crystal W says:

In the crockpot now can not wait to try it always looking for something yummy and easy to make. Thank you for sharing will let you know how it turns out.

• Crystal W says:

turned out awesome the family loved it for sure a keeper. Thanks again for sharing

72. I featured this on my blog today. I hope that is okay! If not I will take it down. I did link to you! :) You can see it here. http://www.thepricematchreport.com/2013/03/ranch-crock-pot-pork-chops/

73. Susan Jones says:

Would cream of mushroom soup be good to? It’s all I have!

74. Denise Crawford says:

I have made these several times now and they are always a hit! I typically use the Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup which has less sodium and less fat. I love that the recipe is so simple and easy to make. I have thought I would try this with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but I haven’t yet. I am sure it would be equally good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

75. For the people who say that the canned soups are bad for you (Which they are, yuck!), I use Health Valley Organic cream of XYZ soups in my stuff. =) You can find it at some grocery stores and of course organic markets like Whole Foods or a Mom’s. Looking forward to making this tomorrow night, thanks!

76. Hi, mmmmm
    This looks zo good, and I woud really like to try it, but I live in the Netherlands and we don’t have crockpots, any suggesties what of where I could make this in instead?

• I haven’t found another method that is a great substitute for a crock pot, because it holds in all the moisture. You can try cooking the pork chops in the oven at a very low heat for several hours, but the meat tends to dry out a lot more, so you will probably need to add more liquid. Make sure you cover the cooking dish as tightly as possible to help prevent moisture loss. Good luck!

77. I can’t wait to try your recipe, it sounds delicious.. Thank you.

78. Meghan F says:

I made your ranch crock pot pork chops and they were absolutely amazing!! Thank you for the great recipe

79. Hey Kara! Love this recipe! So delicious and so easy to make! We have had it a couple times already and are sharing it with everyone! Thanks so much for sharing :)

<3 Hannah

80. Therese says:

I am going to make this with cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken (it’a what’s on hand!). I think it will turn out just as good! Thank you for all the recipes.

• I’ve had several readers try it with cream of mushroom soup instead, and they all had good results. Hope you did too! :)

81. Therese says:

I made this today with. . . best of both worlds!! Campbell’s has Cream Of Chicken And Mushroom Soup!! It was fantastic! Tomorrow I’m going to use the same ingredients except chicken instead of pork chops! Stay tuned for the results!

82. I am trying this for dinner tonight if hubby thinks it is good going to keep on my recipe list. Just butchered 3 pigs and have tons of pork like some of the previous comments hard to think of what to do with pork this recipe is easy and looks good. Thanks for the posting :)

83. I’m on dinner duty tonight, and I just stumbled upon your recipe. My parents and I love ranch and pork chops and mashed potatoes! Woo hoo! It’s in the crock pot right now :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!

84. I forgot to sear the chops! hope it still comes out ok!

85. Kimberly says:

Can one sear pork chops, mix everything together and then freeze to cook in crockpot another day?

• I have never tried freezing the ingredients, but I bet it would work. If you do try it out, let me know how the pork chops turn out!

86. GAY MASTERSON says:

canned soup-I would love to make my own healthy soup base-I would love to loose some weight-I would love to do everything from scratch-but the reality is I can only do what I can do. I am not a fan of pork chops-but my husband loves them-so we will do these….I can also see doing it with some chicken breast. It looks great seems easy and some days that is all I can manage. Thanks for sharing

87. Jennifer says:

Any thoughts on bone-in vs boneless pork chops?

88. Jaime Lee says:

Awesome! The house smelled so good all day!

89. Making this tonight. I am Soooo excited! It looks delicious… However, I am using a small pork roast. Crossing my fingers that it turns out as well as you all have said it has.

90. I assume I could make this in the oven too (after browning the pork chops). Say 350 for 45 min? I’d probably add some chicken stock to the soup, or use Progresso Garlic Sauce Starter instead.

91. I’m making this for dinner tonight. I ended up making my own cream of chicken soup due to my husband’s intolerance to gluten. It was really easy, even though I had to make my own soup. Can’t wait to eat dinner!

• How did they turn out? I’ve never had good luck using milk in the crock pot, which is why I stick with the canned soup. I’d love to know what you used!

92. Oh they turned out fantastic! I’ll definitely cook this one again. I used this gluten free cream of chicken soup recipe but only half of it, mostly because I only had 1/2 stick of butter left. http://thehappytummy.wordpress.com/2010/03/11/cream-of-chicken-soup-gluten-free/

93. Just made these and they super easy and super good

94. I put this on my menu list for the next two weeks. I’m always looking for easy, new, crockpot ideas.. I love my crockpot!

95. What about adding some veggies into the mix? Such as frozen peas and mushrooms? Would the peas get mushy? I am trying this tomorrow! Looks yummy!

96. Holy gravy from heaven Batman!!! I LOVE Pintest for bringing me to your savory yummylisious site! I pinned this about three weeks ago and my only regret was waiting so long to make it! SO GOOD!!!

97. Hi! Can bone-in pork chops be used? If so, does the cooking time need to be adjusted? Thanks:)

98. Made this today and my boyfriend and I loved it. He’s taking the leftovers to work tomorrow. Thank you for sharing :)

99. I’m using 8 pork chops not four so should I use 2 cans of soup?

• Sorry I just saw this question in my inbox. Yes, if you are doubling the pork chops, you should double all of the ingredients!

100. Just wanted to leave a comment saying that I had always been of the opinion that pork chops were dry, tasteless little things. This recipe changed my mind. They always come out so perfectly tender, and the flavor is amazing. My entire family loves them, even my little sister, who normally would not touch porkchops with a ten foot pole.

101. I can’t find the lid to out crockpot! Is there anyway I can put this in the oven on a super low temperature or something? Really wanna try this recipe!

102. Jenn from Texas says:

I found your recipe via Pinterest, and am in the process of preparing it right now. For those that wouldn’t touch a soup can with a ten foot pole, I found something that you might try. It is cream of chicken soup from Pacific foods. It is organic and the ingredients are as follows: chicken broth, creme fraiche, rice starch, cooked chicken, rice flour, sea salt, chicken fat, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary extract (most ingredients are organic). Looking forward to trying it tonight! :)

103. Angel, you can still use your crockpot. Just cover it with foil. I have to do this when I make a turkey breast that is too large. It always turns out perfect.

104. I have used something similar, I used cream of mushroom sp. on my pork chops, with chicken “Rice a Roni”. O M Gosh. Yummmm.

105. Food snobs and wine snobs spoil everthing. Eat and drink what you like, eat the best food you can afford. What happened to the tolerance they all preach about. There are many recipes to make your own ‘cream of something soup’ if you are so inclined. My goal everyday is to make my life easier. And this recipe makes my life easer. Thank you for sharing.

Trackbacks

1. [...] Favorite Eat: I will be definitely modifying this recipe to make it gluten free.  My mouth waters every time I look at it!  And, it’s in the crockpot.  That.is.awesome. [...]