Almond Joy Cheesecake – a luscious cheesecake with chocolate coconut crust, coconut cheesecake filling, chocolate ganache, and toasted almonds and coconut. A must try dessert!
I can go for cheesecake in just about any form. Dulce de Leche Cheesecake is another dreamy cheesecake recipe, and if you’re feeding a group, Mini Chocolate Mousse Oreo Cheesecakes are a surefire crowd pleaser.
For those of you who are still sticking to your New Year’s resolutions, please look away. This Almond Coconut Cheesecake is an absolute diet buster. I’m sorry. I made it for Christmas, and I just couldn’t wait any longer to share it. It is decadently delicious and I was in heaven with every bite!
If you like Almond Joy candy bars like I do, I’m betting that you will love this cheesecake! It is loaded with almonds and coconut. I toasted the coconut, and it adds great flavor and crunch.
It also has coconut in the crust, which adds another depth of flavor. I also added some coconut and sliced almonds to the top for garnish. So yummy!
Just look at that amazing chocolate ganache dripping down the side. Oh my heavens. A bonus with chocolate covered cheesecake? It hides any cracks that form on the surface. 🙂
People, you need to make this cheesecake. If you don’t have a springform pan, you need to get one asap. Trust me, you won’t regret it!
How to Make Almond Joy Cheesecake
- Oreos – for the chocolate coconut crust
- sweetened flaked coconut – You will use coconut in the crust, filling, and garnish. I personally like it toasted.
- cream cheese (I used full fat cream cheese. Light works, but you end up with a softer cheesecake.)
- coconut extract and almond extract – both of these add a boost of flavor to the end result
- vanilla extract
- sliced almonds – both for the filling and the topping
- whipping cream or heavy cream
- semi sweet chocolate chocolate chips
First up you are going to make a crust with Oreo crumbs, coconut, butter, and sugar. Press it into the bottom and up the sides of your springform pan and bake for about ten minutes.
Beat together your filling ingredients, then fold in some coconut and sliced almonds. Pour into your partially baked crust, and bake for another 75 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
After the cheesecake is cooled, you are going to top it with a homemade chocolate ganache, and sprinkle it with toasted coconut and almonds.
Chill the cheesecake until the chocolate is set, and then it’s time to dive in!
Tips for making coconut almond cheesecake:
-Make sure your cream cheese is completely softened to room temperature to prevent lumps. It’s best to leave it sitting on a counter for several hours. Softening it in the microwave doesn’t work as well.
-Place your springform pan on a cookie sheet with sides. That way if there is any leakage, it will end up on the pan instead of in your oven. I like to line the pan with aluminum foil for extra easy cleanup.
-Don’t worry if your cheesecake cracks on top. You will be covering it with ganache!
RECIPES WITH COCONUT:
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Scones
- Chocolate Coconut Sweet Rolls
- Lime Coconut White Chocolate Cookies
- Easy Coconut Cake
MORE DREAMY CHEESECAKE RECIPES:
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Pie
Almond Coconut Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed Oreo crumbs (I use my food processor)
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 8 oz pkgs cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and cooled
- 6 Tbsp whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and cooled
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted and cooled
- For crust: Preheat oven to 350°. Combine Oreo crumbs, coconut, sugar, and butter. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and about an inch up the sides of a 9" springform pan.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet with sides. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese till smooth. Add sugar and beat till creamy. Lightly beat in the eggs, extracts, and salt till thoroughly combined. Fold in the coconut and almonds.
- Pour mixture on top of the crust. Turn oven down to 325° and bake for about 75 more minutes or until the outer 2 1/2" is set. Remove from oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Topping: Heat cream in a glass bowl in the microwave until hot but not boiling. Add chocolate chips and vanilla. Let sit for about a minute, then stir till smooth.
- Pour over the top of the cheesecake, letting some drip down the sides. Sprinkle toasted coconut in the middle and toasted almonds around the edges. Chill till set.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator. It is even better the next day!
Recipe adapted from The Curvy Carrot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 2gSugar: 44gProtein: 10g
See all my DESSERT RECIPES.