Almond Joy Cheesecake – a luscious cheesecake with chocolate coconut crust, coconut cheesecake filling, chocolate ganache, and toasted almonds and coconut. A must try dessert!
I can go for cheesecake in just about any form. Dulce de Leche Cheesecake is another dreamy cheesecake recipe, and if you’re feeding a group, Mini Chocolate Mousse Oreo Cheesecakes are a surefire crowd pleaser.
For those of you who are still sticking to your New Year’s resolutions, please look away. This Almond Coconut Cheesecake is an absolute diet buster. I’m sorry. I made it for Christmas, and I just couldn’t wait any longer to share it. It is decadently delicious and I was in heaven with every bite!
If you like Almond Joy candy bars like I do, I’m betting that you will love this cheesecake! It is loaded with almonds and coconut. I toasted the coconut, and it adds great flavor and crunch.
It also has coconut in the crust, which adds another depth of flavor. I also added some coconut and sliced almonds to the top for garnish. So yummy!
Just look at that amazing chocolate ganache dripping down the side. Oh my heavens. A bonus with chocolate covered cheesecake? It hides any cracks that form on the surface. 🙂
People, you need to make this cheesecake. If you don’t have a springform pan, you need to get one asap. Trust me, you won’t regret it!
How to Make Almond Joy Cheesecake
- Oreos – for the chocolate coconut crust
- sweetened flaked coconut – You will use coconut in the crust, filling, and garnish. I personally like it toasted.
- cream cheese (I used full fat cream cheese. Light works, but you end up with a softer cheesecake.)
- coconut extract and almond extract – both of these add a boost of flavor to the end result
- vanilla extract
- sliced almonds – both for the filling and the topping
- whipping cream or heavy cream
- semi sweet chocolate chocolate chips
- First up you are going to make a crust with Oreo crumbs, coconut, butter, and sugar. Press it into the bottom and up the sides of your springform pan and bake for about ten minutes.
- Beat together your filling ingredients, then fold in some coconut and sliced almonds. Pour into your partially baked crust, and bake for another 75 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- After the cheesecake is cooled, you are going to top it with a homemade chocolate ganache, and sprinkle it with toasted coconut and almonds.
- Chill the cheesecake until the chocolate is set, and then it’s time to dive in!
Tips for making coconut almond cheesecake:
- Make sure your cream cheese is completely softened to room temperature to prevent lumps. It’s best to leave it sitting on a counter for several hours. Softening it in the microwave doesn’t work as well.
- Place your springform pan on a cookie sheet with sides. That way if there is any leakage, it will end up on the pan instead of in your oven. I like to line the pan with aluminum foil for extra easy cleanup.
- Don’t worry if your cheesecake cracks on top. You will be covering it with ganache!
RECIPES WITH COCONUT:
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Scones
- Chocolate Coconut Sweet Rolls
- Lime Coconut White Chocolate Cookies
- Easy Coconut Cake
MORE DREAMY CHEESECAKE RECIPES:
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Pie
Almond Coconut Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed Oreo crumbs (I use my food processor)
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 8 oz pkgs cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and cooled
- 6 Tbsp whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and cooled
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted and cooled
- For crust: Preheat oven to 350°. Combine Oreo crumbs, coconut, sugar, and butter. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and about an inch up the sides of a 9" springform pan.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet with sides. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese till smooth. Add sugar and beat till creamy. Lightly beat in the eggs, extracts, and salt till thoroughly combined. Fold in the coconut and almonds.
- Pour mixture on top of the crust. Turn oven down to 325° and bake for about 75 more minutes or until the outer 2 1/2" is set. Remove from oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Topping: Heat cream in a glass bowl in the microwave until hot but not boiling. Add chocolate chips and vanilla. Let sit for about a minute, then stir till smooth.
- Pour over the top of the cheesecake, letting some drip down the sides. Sprinkle toasted coconut in the middle and toasted almonds around the edges. Chill till set.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator. It is even better the next day!
Recipe adapted from The Curvy Carrot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 52gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 2gSugar: 44gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 10g