Looking for an extra decadent brownie recipe? These chewy snickers brownies are loaded with chunks of Snicker candy bars and chopped peanuts. Every bite is fudgy, chewy, crunchy, and basically just pure bliss!
You only need one bowl to make them, and they come together so quickly. And trust me, everywhere you serve them they will be an instant hit! I mean come on, who can resist brownies with candy bar center?
CANDY BAR BROWNIES
I love brownies. I love Snickers. I figured if I combined candy bars and brownies together, it was bound to be yummy.
And oh boy was I right! These Snickers Brownies are simply amazing!
I started with one of my favorite simple brownie recipes, because I knew they would be perfectly fudgy and chewy. A perfect base for adding candy bars!
The Snickers melt, filling the brownies with ooey gooey caramel-y goodness. And I added extra peanuts for more crunch. I thought they were the perfect addition, but you can of course leave them out if you prefer.
Don’t hate me if you can’t stop eating these brownies. They are addicting – you’ve been warned. 🙂
This recipe is of course perfect for using leftover Halloween snickers, but they are so incredible that I buy snickers bars just so I can make them!
(To skip my tips and tricks and just see the full recipe card, scroll to the bottom of the post.)
HOW TO MAKE SNICKERS CANDY BAR BROWNIES
- butter (It needs to be very soft, almost melted.)
- granulated sugar
- corn syrup (It makes the brownies extra chewy.)
- vanilla extract
- eggs (I use large eggs in all of my recipes.)
- all purpose flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder (I use regular Hershey’s cocoa powder in the brown container.)
- baking powder
- roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Snickers candy bars, chopped
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan liberally with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk butter, sugar, and corn syrup in a large bowl. Mix in vanilla and eggs.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and stir into the butter mixture.
- Fold in the chopped peanuts and chopped candy bars. I like to set aside a few of the snickers so I can sprinkle them on top.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. (If desired, press some extra chopped snickers into the top of the batter.)
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, or until edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.
These brownies cut up a little nicer after they have cooled completely, but we like them slightly warm, so we don’t wait that long!
Leftover brownies? Cover them tightly with plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container, and these brownies are great for up to three days at room temperature.
- I used peanut Snickers, but you could use almond or peanut butter Snickers if you prefer. If you use the almond variety, I’d sub out the chopped peanuts for chopped almonds, preferably toasted.
- If you prefer a “stuffed” brownie, spread half of the brownie in the pan, then sprinkle the chopped candy bars and peanuts over the batter. Carefully spread the remaining batter over the top. Bake as directed above.
- Substitute your favorite candy bars. I think Milky Ways, Butterfingers, Almond Joys, and Twix would be yummy, but you can use just about any candy bar you want!
DESSERTS WITH CANDY BARS:
MORE AMAZING BROWNIE RECIPES:
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Banana Cream Brownie Squares
- Chewy Brownies
- Mint Brownies
- S’more Brownies
- Marble Brownies
- Macaroon Brownies
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
SNICKERS BROWNIES RECIPE
- 3/4 cup butter, very soft
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 10.4 oz bag snickers miniatures, chopped
- Chop peanuts and snicker bars; set aside. Spray a 9x13" pan liberally with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk butter, sugar, and corn syrup in a mixing bowl till creamy. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Add to butter mixture. Stir in peanuts and Snickers.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until brownies just start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.
-I like to set aside about 7 of the chopped mini snickers and sprinkle them on top of the batter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
(originally published 8/1/2011, updated August 2020)
If you have leftover snickers, you need to make these Snickers Brownies. But if you don’t, it is worth buying candy bars just to make them. They are so good!