This Chicken Parmesan is baked, not fried. It’s easy to make, and tastes incredible!
I just looked back at all my recent recipe posts and realized you guys are probably thinking I feed my kids a steady diet of sugar. I promise that although they would love it, I don’t. Sometimes in between the ice cream and cookies, I manage to sneak in a vegetable or two. We actually had a lovely chicken strip salad for dinner tonight. Really. 🙂
Since my posts have been a little on the sweet side lately, I thought it was high time I shared a main dish recipe. I based this chicken parmesan loosely on a recipe I found over at Picky Palate. I like using either homemade spaghetti sauce that I have stored in the freezer, or a can of premade spaghetti sauce. Makes for much quicker preparation!
I love that this chicken parmesan is baked instead of fried. Not only is it healthier, but you don’t have to stand over the stove cooking it. Always a bonus in my book!
How to make Chicken Parmesan
- chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- seasoned bread crumbs
- Panko bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- marinara sauce
In one shallow container, combine flour, salt, and pepper. In a second, combine eggs and water and beat well. In a third, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken breasts in flour mixture, then in eggs, then in crumbs.
Place on a well greased cookie sheet or in a 9×13″ pan. Bake at 375° for about 25 minutes, or till chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or till cheese is melted. Serve chicken with pasta and sauce.
MORE TASTY CHICKEN RECIPES:
- Hawaiian Chicken
- Crispy Baked Chicken Strips
- Chicken Biscuit Casserole
- Chicken Flautas
- Chicken Haystacks
- Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Monterey Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Chicken ala King
- Italian Chicken Pasta
Recipe for Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2" thickness
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce, heated through
- Hot cooked pasta
- In one shallow container, combine flour, salt, and pepper. In a second, combine eggs and water and beat well. In a third, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken breasts in flour mixture, then in eggs, then in crumbs.
- Place on a well greased cookie sheet or in a 9x13" pan. Bake at 375° for about 25 minutes, or till chicken juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or till cheese is melted.
- Serve chicken with pasta and sauce.
I have found that if I place the chicken on a cooling rack inside a cookie sheet, the bottom crisps up better. I just spray the cooling rack with non-stick spray, and place it inside my jelly roll pan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 976mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 37g