Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwiches . . . two favorite classics combined into one spectacular sandwich! Makes a perfect easy dinner or lunch!
When we really need dinner in a rush, sandwiches are a great fall back. I usually serve them with a green salad, or fruit salad and some cut up veggies with dip.
You’ve probably figured it out by now, but I am a pretty big fan of cheese. I love most types, but we tend to stick to the basics at my house. We buy cheddar cheese in three pound blocks, and all my kids except for my oldest have inherited my love of cheese. It’s a staple at our house!
Grilled cheese sandwiches are always a hit, but these garlic bread grilled cheese sandwiches are absolutely epic! My daughter loved them so much that she requested them for lunch two days in a row. They are seriously delicious.
How to Make Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- butter (make sure it’s softened to room temperature)
- garlic powder
- dried parsley flakes
- parmesan cheese
- bread (we like French bread or sourdough bread)
- cheese (my family likes cheddar, but you can use any cheese you like)
It is so simple to make these updated grilled cheese sandwiches. Just stir together butter, garlic powder, salt, dried parsley, and parmesan cheese. Then spread it on the bread and cook like you would a regular grilled cheese sandwich.
The extra pop of flavor you get by using garlic bread makes these sandwiches absolutely delicious. After trying garlic bread grilled cheese, I don’t know if I can ever make regular grilled cheese again. I hope you’ll give them a try!
Did you know that June 4th is National Cheese Day? That makes my little cheese loving heart so happy! I’m teaming up with other food bloggers to bring you nine fantastic new recipes featuring cheese.
Oh my. I hope they look as irresistible to you as they do to me. Enjoy!
New recipes featuring CHEESE!
- Instant Pot Cheesy Enchilada Rice from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Fromage Fort (Cheese Spread) from Foodie with Family
- One Pan Ham & Cheese Tortellini from Yellow Bliss Road
- Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese (right here)
- Cheddar Broccoli Soup from Ashlee Marie
- Cheese Blintz with Fresh Strawberries from Real Mom Kitchen
- Cheesy Pesto Bread from Gather for Bread
- Stuffed Cheese Buns from The Baker Upstairs
- Cheesy Garlic Bread from Life Made Simple
More cheesy recipes:
- Cheesy Corn Dip
- Bacon Cheese Rolls
- Best Ever Cheesy Focaccia Bread
- Easy Cheesy Breakfast Sliders
- Bacon Breakfast Casserole
- Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes
- Ranch Bacon Cheese Ball Bites
- Chicken Potato Casserole
- Chili Cheese Dip
GARLIC BREAD GRILLED CHEESE
Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Grilled cheese sandwiches made with garlic bread.
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- a generous pinch of salt
- 16-18 slices of French bread
- Cheddar cheese, sliced (or your favorite cheese)
- Stir together butter, garlic powder, parsley flakes, Parmesan cheese, and salt in a small bowl.
- Spread the garlic butter mixture on one side of each slice of bread.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and place half the bread, buttered side down, into the skillet. Top with cheese and remaining slices of bread. Cook, flipping halfway through, until bread is golden brown, parmesan cheese is crispy, and inside cheese is melted.
Tip: I like to cover my skillet with a lid so the inside cheese melts faster.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 686Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 1417mgCarbohydrates: 107gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 24g
See all my MEATLESS MAIN DISHES.
These are really good!!
So glad you loved them. One of my favorite easy lunches!
I can’t even begin to tell you how delicious this was. Super simple, but the flavor was amazing.
This takes a classic grill cheese to the next level! love it!
What a delicious looking recipe! A classic sandwich, indeed! Looking forward to making this for dinner tomorrow!
We LOVE grilled cheese at our house & I love the idea of the garlic bread!! What a delicious idea!! I will have to try this next time we make them!
Melanie @ Gather for Bread
Looks so irresistible!
Melanie @ Gather for Bread
That look irresistible