Bacon Breakfast Casserole that’s loaded with hash browns, eggs, and bacon, then topped with cheese and more bacon. A hearty breakfast or brunch recipe.
It’s loaded with tasty ingredients, but of course the bacon is what makes it extra yummy. You can’t go wrong with bacon for breakfast. Heck, you can’t go wrong with bacon any time of day, can you?
How To Make Bacon Breakfast Casserole
- First you spread hash browns, bacon, and cheese into a 9×13″ pan.
- Next you whip up a simple biscuit mix. If you prefer, you can just substitute a heaping 1 1/2 cups of Bisquick for the flour, baking powder, salt, and butter.
- Mix together eggs, milk, and your biscuit mix and pour over the top of the hash browns in the pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 40 minutes, then top with even more cheese and bacon. Yum! I like to garnish mine with green onions, but that step is totally optional.
Can I make bacon breakfast casserole the night before?
-You can prep it the night before by layering the hash browns, bacon and cheese in the pan. Mix up your biscuit mix and store it in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator. You can even beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together and store them in a bowl in the refrigerator.
-In the morning, combine the biscuit mix with the egg mixture and pour over the hash browns in the pan. Bake as directed. So easy!
Bacon Breakfast Casserole is of course perfect for breakfast or brunch, but don’t be afraid to serve it any time of day. My family loves it when I serve breakfast foods for dinner!
I like to serve it with fresh fruit and a tall glass of milk, but it would also be great with a smoothie. I hope you’ll give it a try!
It’s Bacon Day! What? An entire day set aside to eat bacon? Yep, you got it. You can eat bacon for every meal today, it’s the perfect excuse. I’ve teamed up with my fellow Celebration Food Holiday Bloggers to bring you enough bacon recipes to last not just today, but all week long.
Brand New Bacon Recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops from Savory Experiments
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts from Simply Stacie
- Maple-Bourbon Sticky Buns with Bacon from Crumb
- Instant Pot Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Bacon Mac & Cheese from The Baker Upstairs
- Bacon Egg Salad Sandwiches from Real Mom Kitchen
- Bacon Breakfast Casserole from Creations by Kara (that’s me!)
- Bacon and Spinach Egg Muffins from My Mommy Style
More of my favorite bacon recipes:
- Bacon Cheese Biscuits
- Bacon Wrapped Bread Bites
- Bacon Cheese Rolls
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pie
- Creamy Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Dip
- Ranch Bacon Cheese Ball Bites
BREAKFAST CASSEROLE WITH BACON
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp soft butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 cups cheese, divided
- 4 cups cubed hash browns
- Spread hashbrowns evenly in a greased 9x13" pan. Set aside.
- Cook bacon till crumbly and drain. Sprinkle half of the bacon and half of the cheese over the hashbrowns.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk in the dry ingredients and pour over the hashbrown mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or till eggs are set. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese and bacon over the top. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or till cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 617Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 1571mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 27g