Comforting keto chicken bacon ranch casserole is easy enough even for the busiest of weeknights. Hearty, creamy, and full of tasty ingredients, you will want to make it over and over again!
A PERFECT LOW CARB CHICKEN CASSEROLE
I have always been a big fan of casseroles. Tossing a bunch of ingredients together makes for so many layers of textures and yummy flavors. Since starting keto, I’m always on the lookout for a low carb casserole that still tastes amazing.
With bacon, cheese, and ranch dressing mix, this keto chicken casserole recipe is packed with flavor! Can you go wrong with ranch and bacon? Not in my world, that’s for sure! Add cheese and I’m in heaven.
Cauliflower is the base for this casserole because not only is it low in carbs, it’s loaded with nutrients. You can use cauliflower rice, but I prefer to just use fresh cauliflower. Sauteing it in butter makes it extra flavorful.
How many carbs are in a keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole?
This keto casserole has 5 1/2 net carbs per serving. Similar casseroles with pasta, potatoes, or rice can have up to 70 carbs per serving.
Note that if you sub out the cauliflower for broccoli, green beans, or another vegetable, the carb count will change.
I found the recipe for this chicken casserole at the Hidden Valley Ranch website, but I tweaked it to make it more low carb. That includes using my own ranch dressing mix, which has no fillers and is completely keto friendly.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BACON RANCH KETO CASSEROLE
You can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Just make sure it is covered well or in an airtight container.
When ready to serve, you can just heat the leftovers in the microwave for a minute or two.
Can I make this casserole ahead of time?
Yes, this is a perfect make ahead meal. You can assemble the casserole, add the cheese, and cover the container with foil. You can store it for a day or two in the refrigerator.
When ready to serve, cover the casserole with foil. Place the dish in a cold oven and turn the heat on to 350 degrees. Cook it for 30-35 minutes or until hot. You can remove the foil during the last 5-10 minutes of baking.
MORE KETO DINNER RECIPES:
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Easy Paprika Chicken
- Cream Sauce for Salmon
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Taco Cabbage
- Best Grilled Pork Chops
- Pesto Chicken Mozzarella
CHICKEN BACON RANCH CASSEROLE (KETO)
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded or diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 cups chopped raw cauliflower
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp ranch dressing mix, dry
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- Shred chicken and chop cauliflower; set aside. Spray a 6 cup baking dish with cooking spray. (Mine is a Pyrex that is 8"x6", but any oven safe dish will work.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute cauliflower in butter until crisp tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Turn heat to low. Add cream cheese and cream; cook and stir until the cream cheese is completely melted.
- Stir in chicken, 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, dry ranch dressing mix, and bacon.
- Spread mixture in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is hot and bubbly.
Instead of putting into a casserole dish, you can just use an oven safe skillet and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake as directed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.