Frozen Oreo Dessert – melt in your mouth delicious, and incredibly easy to make, this oreo dessert is a must make summer treat!
A couple of weeks ago I was in charge of a dinner for the young men/ young women in our ward. We also invited some senior couples in the ward for the youth to get to know. So we were planning on about a hundred people attending. (Yes, I was kind of a basketcase that week.)
We had Cafe Rio Pork Burritos for dinner, because I knew that they are a huge crowd pleaser. I wanted a dessert that was easy to prepare for a large crowd, but that went beyond the brownies with ice cream that is typically served.
I had several packages of Oreos left over from a previous activity, so I decided to use them in something. My Mint Oreo Ice Cream Pie came to mind, but I didn’t want to have to make 10 pies. (Who has that many pie pans?)
I came up with this Frozen Oreo Dessert, and let me tell you, it was a HUGE hit. So many people requested the recipe that I decided I’d better share it here.
It is embarrassingly easy. But it really is amazingly yummy! Since I was feeding a large crowd, I actually doubled the recipe and made it in large jelly roll pans. It worked great!
I actually made two varieties, Cookies & Cream (which is pictured here), and Chocolate Chip Mint. The mint was more popular, which is why this one was leftover and I was able to get a photo of it the next day. Both are delicious! And who doesn’t love ice cream and Oreos?
I topped each slice with some of my homemade hot fudge sauce, but you can use your own recipe, or use store bought if you prefer.
How to make Oreo Ice Cream Dessert
- ice cream
- hot fudge sauce
Mix melted butter and Oreo crumbs; press half into a 9×13″ cake pan. Place in the freezer. Let ice cream soften for a few minutes, then spread on top of the crust. Sprinkle remaining Oreo crumbs on top. Cover and freeze for several hours. Cut into squares and drizzle with hot fudge sauce before serving.
How to store this ice cream dessert:
-If covered tightly, it will last for up to a month in the freezer. After you cut into it, I only recommend freezing it for up to a week, or the cut edges tend to get freezer burn.
HERE ARE EVEN MORE FROZEN DESSERTS TO CHECK OUT:
- Frozen Butterfinger Pie
- Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- German Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
- Caramel Crunch Dessert
LOVE OREOS? TRY THESE OREO RECIPES:
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Oreo Pudding Cups
- Mint Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
Easy Frozen Oreo Dessert Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14.3 ounce) package of Oreos, finely crushed (I used my food processor)
- 1.5 quarts vanilla ice cream (or another flavor)
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- Combine melted butter and Oreo crumbs in a small bowl till well mixed.
- Press just over half of the crumbs into a 9×13″ pan. Place in the freezer.
- Take ice cream out of the freezer and let soften. I stirred mine up about every 5 minutes till it was spreadable.
- Spread softened ice cream on top of frozen crust. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top. Cover and freeze for several hours or till firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Drizzle each slice with hot fudge sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g