Incredible Cinnamon Chip Cookies- Your favorite snickerdoodles, made even better with the addition of cinnamon chips. You will love these cookies!
One of my favorite things about fall is that I feel like I can start baking again. When it’s 90°+ outside, I don’t like heating up the oven. But once the temperature starts dropping, I dig out the cookbooks and look for new goodies to try.
I like cooking alright, but I LOVE baking! Cinnamon is one of those flavors that just says fall to me. Not only does it taste yummy, but boy does it make the house smell good.
These cookies are similar to Snickerdoodles. Actually, think of them as Snickerdoodles on steroids. Not only do they have that crunchy cinnamon sugar coating on the outside, but they are loaded with cinnamon chips for an extra blast of cinnamony goodness. So stinkin’ yummy served barely warm with a glass of cold milk.
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON CHIP COOKIES:
(To skip my tips and just see the recipe card, scroll to the very bottom of the post.)
- butter (I use regular salted butter in all my recipes. For these cookies, you want the butter slightly melted, so softening it in the microwave is just fine.)
- margarine (I don’t love using margarine in my baking, but for this recipe I found that a combination of both butter and margarine yielded the best cookies. You can use all butter if you prefer, but the texture won’t be as amazing.)
- granulated sugar (Unlike chocolate chip cookies, these are more like snickerdoodles, so you only use white sugar, no brown sugar required.)
- eggs (I use large eggs for all of my recipes.)
- vanilla extract
- lemon juice (This reacts with the baking soda and helps the cookies puff up instead of flattening out while baking. No need to use fresh lemon juice, bottled is just fine.)
- all purpose flour (I prefer unbleached flour.)
- baking soda
- baking powder
- cinnamon chips (I use Hershey’s cinnamon chips. They can be hard to find, but you can buy them online.)
- ground cinnamon
PREP: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper, or spray with non stick spray.
MAKE DOUGH: Cream the butter, margarine, and sugar with a hand mixer till light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice.
Stir in the dry ingredients. (I like to add the flour to the wet ingredients, then make a small well on top of the flour mound. I pour the soda, baking powder, and salt into the well and whisk it up a bit.) Add the cinnamon chips and stir till well combined.
FORM COOKIES: I like to use a cookie scoop for my dough so that all the cookies are the same size. After I scoop them, I roll them into balls.
ROLL IN CINNAMON SUGAR: A cinnamon sugar coating makes every bite of these cookies simply divine. Mix your cinnamon sugar in a small shallow bowl. Add 2-3 cookie dough balls, and carefully shake the bowl till the balls are completely coated.
BAKE: Place the coated cookie dough balls on your prepared pan at least an inch and a half apart. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, or until edges are starting to turn golden brown.
ENJOY! We like these cookies best warm with a glass of milk, but they are also delicious at room temperature.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER COOKIES
If kept in an airtight containers, the cookies will stay fresh for 3-4 days. They tend to dry out a bit after that, but they are still edible.
To store them longer, place the cooled cookies in heavy duty freezer ziplock bags. They will keep in the fridge for 3-4 months.
Ah yes, bring on the fall! Of course, these really are too good to be saved only for fall, so feel free to make them anytime. 🙂
LOVE CINNAMON? GIVE THESE A TRY:
- Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cinnamon Chip Toffee Oatmeal Cookies
- Sauteed Cinnamon Apples
- Easy Cinnamon Biscuits with Cinnamon Glaze
MORE TASTY COOKIE RECIPES:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Scotchies
- Butter Cookies with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Macaroon Kiss Cookies
CINNAMON CHIP COOKIES
-Yes, they can be made with either all butter or all margarine, but they really are best with some of each. Trust me. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
-Yes, they can be made with either all butter or all margarine, but they really are best with some of each. Trust me.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.